Chapter four

I woke up with a start hearing Luffy crying with so much pain and sadness. How can anyone so cheerful be so sad?

I looked around, planting my feet on the ground I entered the dinning room to see Ace struggling against the bandits and Luffy crying in a corner. Time seemed to slow down as I heard Ace scream words of hatred and hear Luffy only cry louder.

"Where is the person that killed Sabo?! I'm gonna murder him!" Ace said grabbing Dogra's collar. Dogra let out how it was the Celestial Dragons, but it was impossible to defeat them. "I'm gonna avenge his death!" Ace yells out as he grabs his pipe and runs for the door.

Dadan grabs the back of his head as she slams it into the floor. "Drop it you brat!"

"Get off me! Don't try and stop me!" Ace says slapping her arm away and flipping over only to have her slam him into the floor again.

"You keep acting tough, even though you don't have any real strength!" She lifts him up and slams him back down in frustration. "What the hell do you think you can do now? You'll just end up dead! You'll die, and everyone will forget you by tomorrow! That's what you amount to now! It was this kingdom that killed Sabo! It was the world itself!" Dadan yelled at him lifting him up. "What can you do?! Your father's death brought on a new era! Once you become a man of his caliber, then you're free to live or die as you want!" She tosses Ace to the bandits commanding them to tie him up as Luffy cries out for Sabo with tears running down his face.

I drop to the ground and scream.

"NOOO! NOO!" I thrash around as the bandits try to sustain me I couldn't take it. Luffy hears my cries only to scream with me.

"SABO!" Me and Luffy scream, Ace was dragged out of the hut kicking and screaming. I broke lose running to Ace wanting to hold him and tell me it wasn't true. Tears streamed down my face as Dadan grabbed me and took me away. Telling me I had to be strong for Luffy. I sniffed and rubbed my eyes. Looking over to the small boy sitting in the corner weeping.

"Luffy." I wisper, crawling over to him cradling him in my arms as he sobbed into my chest.

i wanted to say something, but if is aid it's alright or it's going to be okay it would all be a lie.

I stroked his head singing a soft melody that I heard my mother sing before.

"I remember tears streaming down your face

When I said, "I'll never let you go"

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling,

Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby

Even when music's gone

Gone

Just close your eyes

The sun is going down

You'll be alright

No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

La La (La La)

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh

La La (La La)

Just close your eyes

You'll be alright

Come morning light,

You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh. "

Luffy had stopped crying and was asleep, he flinched every so often. I leaned against the wall going to sleep.

The next day, was held and Luffy left as he went to lie on the cliff next to me. Luffy was memorising all the fun times we had with Sabo while I just sat their next to him.

Ace walked up and breathed on his fist and knocked Luffy on the head and stood next to us. Luffy grabbed his hat closer to him and cried harder.

"How long are you going to keep moping?" Ace asked them. "All the treasure we hid in the middle forest is gone. Maybe it was stolen by survivors of Blue Jam's crew, or maybe the military found it. I don't know where it is now. But that pile of loot doesn't matter anymore. Sabo and I were gonna use it. It was our pirate fund. But, in the end, Sabo didn't use it. And so, I'm not gonna bother with it either." Ace told Luffy. I looked up to him, it's all gone every last thing of Sabo's gone. All the memories to remain but he won't be here to create more.

"A-Ace..." Luffy says crying into the ground. "I want to become stronger! Stronger and Stronger!" Ace looked down at Luffy as he said this and repeated the last sentence over and over. "And then I'll be able to protect anything. I won't have to lose anyone ever again! Please..." Luffy starts. "Ace, Mizuki....don't die!"

"Don't be ridiculous!" Ace says punching Luffy again . "You should be more worried about yourself than me! You're way weaker than I am! Listen up and remember this Luffy! I will not die!" Ace yells at him.

I smile. "So you want us to live?"

*****

That was eight years ago. Now we me and Ace were of for our own adventure. Ace matured wanting to thank Shanks a pirate Luffy greatly respected and I was going with him.

I was now seventeen like Ace. I grinned as I stood on the wooden floors of the boat. It was a rush, that jumpy feeling you get that makes you want to sing.

"Bye Luffy!" I waved back to Luffy as he grinned. "BYE ACE, MIZUKI!" I laughed turning to face the vast ocean that held deep secretes I wished to uncover. I looked to Ace as he grinned holding the mast and his Orange cowboy hat he got as a gift from a lady with green hair he knew. I never really caught her name. Oh well that's not important now.

I fist pumped the air,"TO A NEW WORLD!" Ace laughed and did the same.

You better be ready, because I'm kicking butt and taking names.