Chapter twelve

I sigh as I stomped down the hall, my head was spinning and I felt sick.

"DADDY!" I shouted as I wrapped my blanket around my body as chills ran up and down my back. I ran into Thatch. He gasped as he looked me over."Mizuki.. You look terrible!.

"Geez what ever girl wants to hear." I sniffed as my nose started to run. He swooped me up in his arms and carried me to the kitchen making me a warm drink.

"I'm going to go pick something up at an island I'll be gone for a few days." Thatch told me.

"What are you getting?" My eyes sparkled before I burst into a fit of coughs.

"I'm going to get a devil fruit." I cover my mouth. I slip of the bench.

"Be safe."

"I will be back in about a week!" Thatch told the others. He waved as he sailed off.

****

It's been over a week since Thatch left and I was starting to get worried I paced the floor trying to clear my thoughts.

Thatch jumped over the edge of the boat scaring the shit out of me as some of the other crewmates pulled his boat up.

"Ace, we got something interesting!" Thatch told Ace making him look over along with everyone else.

"Oh, ain't that a devil's fruit?" Ace said surprised.

"I don't know what fruit it is yet, though." Thatch said.

The fruit looked dark and mysterious holding many secrets. "Are you going to eat it?" I asked Thatch shrugged his shoulders.

"Haven't decided yet."

"We'll keep it safe till then." I walked of to my cabin to get some rest.

Night had finally come upon them as everyone went to bed and fell asleep. An explosion was heard on deck, it made me feel nervous.

"What the hell was that explosion?" Ace yelled from down the hallway.

"It was probably the lightning." Marco reasoned.

"Let's hope so." Whitebeard said.

We stumbled towards the top deck looking around I covered my mouth trying not to scream at what I saw.Marco slammed his fists against doors waking everyone up as Whitebeard boomed out commands as we hurried along the nursing took Thatch to the infirmary.

I searched around looking and naming everyone on board looking to see if someone is missing."FATHER!" I ran into his arms as tears trailed down my puffy red cheeks.

"It was Teach, he took the fruit and..." I sobbed

"I'm going to kill Teach when I get my hands on him." Ace growled out as flames appeared in his eyes from his anger.

"That can wait another time." Whitebeard said calming down. "I don't feel so sure that you should go after him." But Ace didn't listen only getting angrier.

He got up from the group and went to his room as he packed clothes and essentials into a green bag with black stripes, grabbed his hat and walked back out onto the deck.

"Ace, where are you goin?" A crewmate asks him.

"To get payback," Ace said his face twisted with fury as he walked over to the side of the deck where his striker was.

The crew looked at him surprise as they tried to stop him from going. "Stop it, Ace! Calm down!"

"The old man said he'd make an exception, just this once!" A burly crewmate said holding Ace back. "You don't have to chase after Teach!"