"Gel"

"Fucking hell Calum!" I say in surprise when my eyes adjust to the darkness.

"You really thought I was going to leave you while it's storming? Obviously you don't know me very well." He chuckles, the lightning flashing off his teeth.

It looked like a party with strobe lights, illuminating the room every so often.

The thunder boomed louder than previous ones and I nearly cracked my head off the nightstand.

I cleverly avoided squeaking again by biting my lip.

"H-How did you get in here?" I stutter weakly as he walks slowly over to me.

"Ashton opened the door and I followed him in, hiding behind the door." He explained lightly, in a slight 'duh' tone.

"One second," he stops moving and turns back to the door. "I need to pee."

He peaks out into the hall before jogging quietly to the bathroom.

The thunder cracks, breaking me out of a small daze and bringing me back to my bedroom.

The rain pelts against the window almost rhythmically, interrupted only by the loud booms of thunder. The lightning flashes, exposing the creepy dead bush's branches in the window.

The shadows by my bed seem to shift, and curl leisurely. Creeping across the floor in the direction of my exposed feet.

I tug my blanket over my toes, hoping to ward off the impending darkness.

The curvy dark tendrils chase each other playfully. Three inches from my shaking figure they pause when a toilet flushes.

"Michael?" Calum whispers after not seeing me on the mattress.

The shadows recoil when he spots me in the corner.

"What are you doing over there?" He breathes a laugh and plops down next to me.

Before I could respond the thunder booms, causing me to emit a startled 'Eek!'

"How are you holding out?" He asks, wrapping an arm around my shoulders soothingly.

"M-Much better now." I mumble, shaking like a leaf. I refused to take my eyes off the shadows, afraid that if I did they would take that as a chance to attack.

I feel so tiny next to Calum, under his arm and wrapped in a thick blanket. Like a little boy.

"Come here." He sighs, dragging me onto his lap before I could respond.

"Calum?" I whisper.

I feel like we're both eight years old again, when I slept over at his house and we built the worst fort out of chairs and a blanket ever. It was great until we both tried to fit, Calum didn't mind I ended up just sitting on him. The only problem was we built it in the middle of his kitchen so we could sneak cookies in. It was going great until his sister caught us.

"Yeah?" He whispers, breath sending a chill down my spine.

"Why are you mad?" I spit out, the question tasted weird in my mouth, I've never had to say it to Calum before.

"Would you believe me if I told you I don't know?" He asked softly, wrapping his arms around my waist like at the pool.

"No."

"I don't know why I flipped. I mean, I'm absolutely fine with you being gay. It's not like you walked out of the closet as Lady Gaga." He chuckled.

"What about you? What are you walking out as?" I ask sleepily, curling up comfortably in his arms.

He picked me up, and carried me to the lone mattress. Setting me down carefully, like the finishing domino in a tower. The last building block.