Saiyan pride

When Trunks returned to Capsule Corp, he changed into the fresh clothes his mother left for him and went outside. There he saw everyone was enjoying food and drinks. "Oh I didn't mean to disturb the party."

"Hey Trunks you aren't interrupting!" Krillin said between bites of food.

"You clean up nicely. I see you found the clothes I left for you." Bulma smiled at her son.

"You also look more relaxed." Piccolo said.

"I'm guessing you had a nice time with Gohan?" Mae walked over to Trunks. She was holding a plate of food for him.

"Thanks, yea it was really nice seeing him." Trunks smiled.

"What do you think of his little girl?" Krillin asked. "She's a real cutie, huh?"

"Yea Pan is really cute but she seems like she can be a real handful." Trunks laughed. He then looked around the room. "Hey where is Goku and those other gods?"

"Dad went with Lord Beerus and Whis to the tenth universe. They mentioned that there was a Kai who had a similar energy to Black and they wanted to check it out." Mae explained.

"Wait what?! How could a Kai from another universe have the same energy as Black?!" Trunks was astonished by what he had just heard.

"I'm not sure but hopefully they have some idea when they get back." Mae said sitting down next to Bulma.

"How come you didn't go?" Trunks sat down next to her.

"Well Lord Beerus didn't even want dad going so I figured it would be better if I just stayed here." Mae laughed.

After everyone was finished and the plates were being cleared Mae walked over to the edge of the balcony and rested her arms on the railing. She thought about the last time Trunks had come back from the past. That was during the time that her mother was adamant about her not training and she missed out on going to the hyperbolic time chamber with her dad and brother. Even though she missed that training she kept up with what Vegeta had taught her and she could already achieve super saiyan, something that her brother couldn't use yet.

When Cell and the androids had started attacking she wanted to join the fight but her mother wouldn't let it. It wasn't until she decided to fight anyway.
There she faced Android 17 and almost lost her life. If Goku hadn't stepped in she would have surely died. After, Gohan managed to defeat Cell by achieving super saiyan two, a form Mae was determined to reach as well.

"Mae did you hear me?" Trunks' voice brought Mae back.

"Huh? I'm sorry I was lost in thought." Mae shook her head.

"Haha. I said you really have gotten strong haven't you." Trunks laughed brushing his hair from his eyes.

"Oh yea. I've been working so hard all this time. I want to be stronger than Vegeta and stronger than my dad." Mae looked up to the blackened sky, Stars coated the sky in a dappled blanket.

"You've always been tough. I remember when we met you snuck away just to fight. Even then I knew you had great potential." He said looking up as well.

"It's been a long road and by no means was it easy. Vegeta is a very rough teacher and Dad isn't any better, but in the end it's all helped me. I mean I know both their techniques and I have made my own from that." Mae turned her head to smile at the other saiyan.

Trunks looked at her in awe. Before he could say something Krillin walked over to them. "Hey guys. What are you talking about?"

"Hey Krillin. We are just talking about old times." Mae turned around to face the monk.