Dreaming of the past

***Author's note! I revised one of the memories in this chapter because I feel like I didn't do it correctly the first time. Thank you!***

As Gohan went about his day he felt restless. He had missed the tournament because he had too much going on at work but now he couldn't focus on any of his tasks. He figured the tournament should be over by now but for some reason he just felt wrong. He had an uneasy feeling in his stomach so he decided to take the rest of the day off and go home.

"Videl, I'm home now," he said as he walked through the door.

"Honey, you're home early." Videl said from the kitchen. She was still washing up from lunch.

"Yea I'm not feeling too good so I came home." Gohan said hugging his wife.

"Oh no, what's wrong?" She gave a concerned look to her husband.

"I don't know I just feel off, like something is wrong but I know everything is fine." He sat down trying to figure out this feeling.

"Maybe you feel uneasy because of the tournament?" She sat down and held Gohan's hand.

"Maybe, but I'm not sure." He said.

"Why don't you go see your father about it. They should be back by now right?" Videl smiled. She knew that Goku would be able to help him.

"That's a good idea! I'll go right now they should be back at Bulma's," Gohan stood up and gave his wife a kiss goodbye. "Give Pan a kiss for me when she wakes up!"

Videl smiled and watched her husband take off flying to find his father. She hoped that he would be able to get rid of his uneasy ness.

When Gohan arrived he saw everyone enjoying good company and good food. He landed next to Goku, "Dad! Hey you guys are back now. How was the tournament?"

"Hey Gohan! We won the tournament, it was really fun. You should have been there!" Goku smiled.

"Where is Mae?" Gohan asked looking for his sister.

Goku frowned and with an almost sad look he said, "Mae fainted when she came back. Whis said she used too much energy in the tournament. She finally went super saiyan blue but since she really over did it her body just needed a break. Vegeta took her to her room so she can sleep."

Gohan now realized what was making him so upset, his twin was ill and that must have been messing with his energy. Even when they were kids they were able to feel when something was wrong with the other. Their mother said it was just twin intuition but maybe the fact that they are saiyans had something to do with it. "Is she going to be okay? Will you take me to her?"

"I'm sure she will be fine and yea you can see her," Goku said leading the way to where Mae was resting.

Gohan opened the door to his sister's room. It wasn't long ago that he had been here asking her to train with him. Slowly he walked in and saw her figure sleeping soundly on the bed. He pulled a chair to her bedside and sat down and held her hand. "I'm here now, Mae."

Mae dreamed of when she was on planet Namek with Vegeta. "Vegeta, I want to go home. I want my daddy!" She said tears streaming down her face.

"Kakarot is probably dead by now. Besides, you were brave enough to follow us during the fight, you will need further training. Perhaps one day you will be of use to me. Now stop your crying!" Vegeta yelled at her which only made her want to cry more.

"You're so mean! My daddy should have killed you!" Mae said taking a fighting stance.

Vegeta kicked her hard in the stomach and watch her bounce off the ground. "First lesson, being nice isn't going to make you strong. You are a saiyan now stand up an act like it!"

In a short period of time she started to learn how to defend herself against Vegeta as he was searching for the namekian dragon balls. He put her through intense training. Vegeta was determined to make her strong before Frieza found them. Every time he knocked her down she got back up.

Mae's dream changed, now standing in front of her was Frieza. He was ready to kill her she was more afraid of him than Vegeta had ever made her. "This is surprising, Vegeta. I didn't think you were the one to keep a pet." Frieza laughed.

Vegeta scoffed at him, "she isn't my pet. She is a saiyan and I've been training her to be able to destroy you."

"Oh ho ho really?! This pathetic child is going to destroy me, Frieza the emperor of all?!" Frieza laughed even more.

"Shut up! I can beat you!" Mae forgot her fear and replaced it with anger. Full of rage, she was ready to take it out on the man in front of her.

"Mae don't!" Krillin warned, trying to keep her from doing something reckless.

Mae ignored him and brought her hands up. Gohan was behind her, equally scared as she was. Mae wondered if she was going to die before Goku was finished healing in the healing tank. She even wondered if she had it in her to stall for time and face Frieza.

Then a bright flash of red came right at her. Off guard, she was sure that she was going to be killed by Frieza's attack however it never hit her. She looked up and saw that Vegeta deflected the blast, keeping it from hitting her. She wondered why this man who had stolen her from her home had decided to protect her.

The scene changed again and she was now around the age of eight or nine. She had been sneaking out of her house to go and train with Vegeta. Her mother wanted her to go to school but to her the only thing that made her happy was fighting. She climbed through the window and saw Gohan waiting for her. She smiled at her twin knowing that he wanted to spar.

"Back from training with dad?" She said jumping down.

"Yea, are you off to go train with Vegeta?" Gohan replied going into his fighting stance.

"Do you really want to do this here? What if mom comes out?" Mae said putting her hands on her hips.

"Haha true let's go elsewhere." Gohan said flying to somewhere they could fight without worry.

Mae followed him to an open field where they began to fight with each other. Each of them using the techniques they had learned from training. Mae had the upper edge however because not only did she train with Vegeta, Goku had taught her some moves too. Gohan was strong though and she loved fighting with her brother. Both were exhausted when they had finally decided to end their sparing session.

"So what should I tell mom?" Gohan asked rubbing his arms.

"Oh, I don't know. I'm sure you will come up with something." She said clapping brother on the back. "You always do."

"Yea true. Well enjoy your time with Vegeta before mom has dad bring you home." Gohan laughed.

"If he can bring me home," Mae winked. It was no easy task to bring her home when she wanted to train.

She flew off to Vegeta's and quietly snuck in. By this time Bulma and Vegeta were used to her showing up unexpectedly and had a room prepared for when she decided to visit. In the darkness Vegeta was already waiting for her. "I sensed you coming. Shall we start now?"

"I'm ready!" Mae said as she and Vegeta went to the gravity room.

Once more, the scene changed and Mae was now standing in complete darkness. This was just like the time she felt the divine energy. She turned and saw a figure enveloped in blue light. She walked closer expecting to see her father but when the figure turned around she saw herself.

Mae stared in awe at herself. Her blue hair standing up as blue energy was dancing around her. "This is what I look like at super saiyan blue?" She whispered the question but her other self heard.

"This is your divine power." The other Mae smiled and embraced her. She could feel the power surging inside her. She gasped at the enormity of it and she knew that this power belonged to her. The darkness faded and all that was left was the blue light around her, finally Mae opened her eyes.