Many, many years later

10 k reads special

Everything was quiet and peaceful. I looked around in confusion. Where am I? My eyes searched the place for some kind of recognition. Then I noticed the bench. Our bench. The bench were I and Cedric shared our first kiss. I was standing by the lake at Hogwarts. Everything was just as I remembered it. In every last detail. It's just a dream, I told myself.

But still the tears kept coming

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

But still the tears kept coming. I raised my hand to wiped them away. I immediately took away my hand. My skin was soft and smooth. Not the skin I was used to. The skin I had once a long long time ago. Slowly I walked to the lake and looked down. The girl standing there was young and beautiful. I stroke my cheek slowly. It was the face that I had a long time ago.

When I looked at my reflection memories filled me. My first kiss with Cedric, my first kiss with Milo, the day I became a mother, the day when I saw my kids of to Hogwarts and the day when my beautiful girl Antonia revealed her pregnancy. Tears filled my eyes. Because now I knew why I was here.

I had lived an amazing life.... But letting it go.... It was harder than I could have ever imagined.... Leaving my kids, my grandkids and my wonderful husband.... It was too hard...

I just sat down and cried. I knew it was too late and I knew that I couldn't go back. But leaving them. I wanted to be strong, I did. I wanted to say that it was my time. I wanted to smile and accept it. But it was so hard. Because I was alone. All alone, without family or friends or anyone.

"Evangeline?"
I could never forget that voice. My tears stopped coming and I turned around slowly. There he was. Handsome as ever with those beautiful grey eyes looking at me in that sad but loving way.
His eyes met mine and he just opened his arms.

The tears started coming and I joined him in a hard desperate hug. I shook violently.
"I've missed so much" my voice didn't sound like my voice, it was muffled and shaky.
He just hold me tighter. As if he were afraid that I would disappear if he let go for just a moment.
I closed my eyes and let the seconds become minutes and it felt like lifetime. Then we let go and looked at eachother.

"I love you" he said.
"And I love you" I whispered as I looked up on him. You could have thought that I would be ashamed for saying that when I already have a husband. However, I still love Milo, more then anything in life. But I am no longer alive. And for now, Cedric is the one that I love most in the afterlife. I cannot however speak for how I will feel in the future. But now I love them both and they are both in a special in my heart. "And... And I am so sorry!" the tears returned. "I am so sorry that I wasn't able to save you" the words were barely understandable, my voice shook so much.
"You, Evangeline have nothing at all to be sorry for, it was not your fault" he said, his voice was reassuring and calming.
"But-"
"No, no buts. It was not your fault, there was nothing you could have done"

Like father, Like daughter?Voldemort's Daughter Fanfic+Cedric Diggory Love storyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें