Chapter 52

I woke up around 3 am to my phone going off. Mallory's name pops up on the screen and I answer it, tired as hell.

"Hello?" I whisper not wanting to wake up the girls.

"So, new best friend huh?" She says angrily on the phone.

"What?" I wipe my eyes and walk lazily out to the hall and sit.

"Aaliyah or whatever that bitches name is. Is she your new best friend or something?"

"She's not replacing you," I simply say. It's too early to get yelled at.

"Yeah right! You guys even did the best friend tag together! You put on Instagram "Besties for the Resties." Obviously she is replacing me!" She screams.

"Just a question, but what time is it in North Carolina?"

"10 am."

"Oh. K." I mumble.

"Why aren't you talking to me? Your so busy now that your on tour with Hayes and shit! It's all about them now. It's never me!"

"I don't have time or else I would! You never try to even talk to me anymore anyways so I don't try to talk to you! It's not all about you!" I shout with tears rolling down my face.

"It's not about you either! All you do is complain about how sucky your life is and how fat you are and how your depressed and I'm sick of it! You complain too much! You even complain about the abuse and-"

"SHUT UP MALLORY!" I shout as loud as I can, not caring who I wake up, "I'm sorry that I didn't have anyone to fucking talk to! I'm sorry I bother you with my problems. I never had anyone except you! You know everything about me! I tell you everything! All we are doing is just growing apart. I'm getting sadder, your getting happier, I'm slowly dying, and your living life. It should be the opposite but it can't. It never will! I was never happy with myself! I felt like I didn't belong! And I still don't! I still have these problems. None of them went away. The problems are getting worse. Hayes' fans hate me, you hate me, I just feel like this is just a big joke! I'm a joke! Everyone is just having pity on how sad my fucking life is! Oh, wait.. I'm complaining aren't I? Sorry. I won't bother you anymore. Have fun being happy while I'm slowly dying inside and the only thing that could ever keep me alive is Hayes. Bye." I hang up and pull my knees to my chest and sob. I don't know how to solve my problems anymore.. It's all the same way. Self harm. It's bad, I know. I can't quit it. Hayes knows I can't but tries his hardest everyday to help me stop. I don't cut this time. My whole body is numb and I have no clue what to even think right now.

Did I just say all that to Mallory? We have been through so much together. But I guess what happens, happens. If I loved her as a best friend, I would let her go and be happy. I'll be fine as long as Hayes never leaves me. I hope he doesn't. If he did, I won't know how to control myself. I'd probably kill myself for that matter. Like I told Jordan, if he left, what's the point in even breathing? He's the one that keeps me breathing and going through each day without cutting too deep, or strangling myself for the matter. I wish I could just forget everything except Hayes. I wish my world was just Hayes and I. Nobody else. Then I would be happy. I would be-

"Savannah?" A tired, shirtless Hayes walks out his door, "it's like 3 am. Why are you up? Is that you I heard yelling?"

"I'm sorry." I wipe the tears off my face but they won't stop.

"What's wrong?" He sits next to me on the floor and lazily holds me in his arms.

"Mallory and I we-"

"Aren't best friends anymore?" He guesses.

"Yea. How'd you know?"

"I heard everything. Except you know, her side of the convo. By the way, I'm glad I keep you alive. Stay alive, okay?"