Chapter 37

"1, 2, 3, GO!" Nash shouts as Hayes and I throw toilet paper in the trees of Dallas' front yard. We decided to wait until dark to do this so basically Hayes' 'I've got an idea lets do it now.' To 'I've got an idea but let's wait 9 hours.' But I have to admit. This was a great idea. We get out the eggs and start throwing them around his car and house until Nash accidentally hits an alarm on the car and Dallas comes out of the house. Pissed off, I might add.

"What the hell dude?! Do you fucking find this funny?" He asks and storms over to where Hayes and I are. I back up behind Hayes and Dallas laughs.

"Savannah, seriously? You're such a coward! Hiding behind Hayes like that. He can't do shit to protect you. I've sent him to the hospital once and I can do it again that's for damn sure." He scoffs and I hold onto Hayes tighter. I feel someone pull my arm lightly and jump but turn around to see Nash and I sigh in relief.

"Come on, Savannah. Get in my car. It's safer."

"No." I state and stand by Hayes.

"Seriously, babe. Do what Nash said. It's safer in the car. Go." Hayes demands but I shake my head.

"I'm not leaving you."

"Oh how cute." Dallas spats sarcastically and walks towards Hayes and Hayes pulls me behind him. Dallas pulls back his fist and grabs Hayes' sweatshirt, ready to hit him. Until I jump in. Which is what I regret most.

"Leave him alone, douchbag!" I shout right as soon as Dallas' fist connects to my face and I'm on the ground.

"Savannah!" I hear Hayes shout but I can't speak. Dallas gets onto my level on the ground and starts hitting me repeatedly and I scream. Dallas has never hit me, physically. I never thought he would. But I guess I was wrong. Memories of Jake and my father hitting me flood into my mind as every kick and punch is thrown to me by Dallas. Why isn't anyone helping?

"Hayes! Nash!" I shout and feel a shot of relief go through me as Dallas is lifting from me and Nash pulls me off the ground and runs to the car where Hayes is.

"Savannah! Are you okay?" Hayes says and Nash tries to put me down but I squeal.

"What's wrong?" Nash asks and I start to sob.

"My ankle hurts."

"Yeah. It does look swollen. Hayes help her get in the car and I'll finish things up with the douche over there." Nash says and I shake my head.

"No, please." I beg but Nash is already over there.

"Shhh, it's okay." Hayes tries to calm my crying but I can't stop.

"I-I'm sorry." I say and he shakes his head.

"No. I'm sorry. I should have never took you here and this wouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry." He says and lifts me up bridal style and puts me in the car. I must way a ton.

"Okay, guys. Let's go. Now." Nash gets in the car and starts driving.

"What happened?" Hayes asks.

"Nothing to worry about. It's fine. We just need to get home." Nash hurries.

"Nash, really. What's going on?"

"I said nothing to worry about! Now let's go home!" Nash drives faster and I worry. What happened?

***Nash's POV***

I should've never said that... I should've never ever said that...

I drive faster up the long driveway that seemed to get longer the fast I drove. I reached the end finally and got out of the car.