Chapter 1

It's the weekend. Worst days of the week for me.

It's 12 noon and I'm still home alone which is basically the best time for me. Except for the fact that Jake always comes over. In the middle of my thoughts, the doorbell rings. Oh gosh.

"Open the door now, Savannah!" I hear Jake shout. He's angry. I got up and opened the door only to be pushed onto the wall.

"Why the heck are you cheating on me?" Jake yells and kicks me in the stomach. It hurts but I'm not allowed to cry. The more I cry the more pain I get.

"What are you talking about?" I ask with pain clear in my voice.

"You know what I'm talking about! That Hayes kid and you are dating aren't you?" Wait, what?

"No." I say.

"No. Ok yeah right. You know what happens when you lie around here.." Crap. No.

"No, please." I almost cry. Too late.

By the time I said that he had slammed my head against the counter and I started bleeding. But he wasn't done with me yet. He threw me against the wall and as I slid down he kicked my stomach.

"I wasn't lying." I start to cry. No. I can't.

"Yeah right. You're such a lier. I'm gonna embarrass you so bad in school Monday." Oh great.

He continued hitting me and abusing me while shouting horrible names at me. "Useless" "ugly" "fat". It's horrible. This has been happening for about 4 years now and I don't know how to handle it. I guess I'm just afraid. By 5 he finally left and then the door burst open.

It's dad.

"Savannah, where's your mom at?" He yelled and threw his coat on me like I was a coat rack.

"She's not here."

"Fucking lier."

"I'm not lying." I say but regret it.

"Excuse me? Don't fucking back talk to me!" He came over and hit me across the face. I didn't answer him instead I just sat there. Completely numb to the fact he hit me.

"Go to your room and go to bed," he told me.

"But it's only 5:30?"

"I said go!" Dad shouts.

I go upstairs and when I do I hear the front door open and I immediately put my headphones in. To block out the fighting. This always happens. I get out my phone and text my best friend, Mallory. She's been there with me through everything. She knows everything. I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for her. We next for a couple hours and I finally fall asleep to the sound of "Down to Earth" by Justin Bieber. The song that makes everything better.

******

(What do you think? Is it good, or nah? Lol anyways it will get better I promise! My first couple chapters are always bad!

Stay Fancy and love Magcon,

Haley🙉)