Chapter 33

About a week passes and today would have been the last day of school. Great way to spend summer is stuck in hell with your abusive ex and father who is now becoming more of an alcoholic than before.

"Savannah where the hell are you?!" I hear Jake shout from the bottom of the stairs. I hear stomps going up the stairs and my bedroom door opens, "why are you listening to that shit?" He says and grabs my small stereo and throws it to the ground and takes the Justin Bieber CD out and throws it to the ground and I begin to cry but stop.

"What was that? You were getting ready to cry, weren't you?" He laughs and walks over to where I was and picks me up off the bed and throws me against the wall. After I land on the ground I feel kicks and punches being thrown at me. I wish Hayes were here...

***Hayes' POV***

I wish Savannah was here... I walk into her old room which was originally the guest room and sit down on the bed and sigh. I wish she could've said yes before she left.. So I would know. I should have never let her go away with that asshole.

"Hey, man. You alright?" Nash comes in and sits beside me.

"Not really. I'm so stupid!" I shout and get up running my hands through my hair, "I miss her." I whisper and Nash gets up to where I am.

"Well, it's not your fault. Think on the bright-"

"There is no bright side to this, Nash! She's gone. She's back to hell with her abusive ex and her father and God knows what he could do to her. I hate this. I hate myself. I can't believe I-"

"Hayes! Listen to me. Maybe she did this for you."

"What the fuck do you mean 'did this for me'?"

"What I mean is, she probably didn't want whatever-his-name-is to come after you and kick your ass so she went with him. She risked her life for you, Hayes." Nash says and I sigh.

"I just don't get it. Why? Why'd she have to go?" A tear rolls down my cheek. I haven't cried in months. I actually don't even remember last time I cried. But here I am now. Crying.

"Dinners ready." Mom sighs. She's been different ever since we told her about what happened with Savannah. I think she hates me most for letting it happen but I don't care anymore.

"I'm not hungry." I say and Nash walks out of the room leaving me alone. I walk over to where the bathroom is and find her blade stained with blood. I look over what it was on top of and I see it was her phone. I pick the blade up so I can pick up her phone and sit it back down. I turn her phone on and look at her lock screen. It's a poem.

Just a cut,
Just a scratch,
'Whats that mark?"
It was the cat.
Just an excuse,
Just a lie,
"What's with the bracelets?"
Just a fashion, why?
Just a tear,
Just a scream,
"Why were you crying?"
It was just a bad dream.
But it's not just a tear, or a cut or a lie,
It's always "just one more."
Until you die.

I remember laughing at this with Jordan. I was such a jerk to her then. I swipe the screen and all her apps appear. I look behind them and see a picture of me. Me? Why me? I look at the picture again and I'm sitting on the couch laughing at something. Why would she take a picture of me? I go back into her room and sit on her bed again looking through her photos and notes. They were the same as before with diet plans, weight goals, and just tons of secrets. Some are new, and some I've seen before. Again, I laughed at them before. But this time I'm really really taking it to heart. She's so beautiful. Why would she do this? I go through her photos and they are still depressing as always but I find more pictures of me. Smiling, laughing, just random stuff I was doing. Most people may find it stalkerish. But to me, it's not. I love Savannah and it's great to know she finds the slightest things good in me and takes a picture. I still miss her. I need her... I want her back.. I just don't know what to do.. Until I got an idea.

**Savannah's POV**

"Hayes? What are you doing here?"

*******************
(Comment and voteeee!
-Haley🙉)