Charlie's Hero

Tears were streaming down my face. I was running and I didn't care if Dean was chasing after me.

I bursted into the lockerroom causing all the Divas to jump.

"Charlie!" Emma exclaimed as she came over, "Oh my god, what's wrong?"

"D-Dean and Summer." Was all I could manage to say.

"Dean and Summer?" Emma asked.

"They were..." I started, but couldn't say anything more as I bursted into tears.

"No. No, there must be a misunderstanding. Why would Dean do that to you?" She asked.

I shook my head and she pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry." She said.

"It's alright." I said, "Ya know, everyone warned me about him." I said as I wiped my tears. "They were right."

Lots of the other Divas were gathering around trying to comfort me while I was crying my eyes out.

"Charlie!"

I turned around to see AJ. She gave me a big hug.

"I just saw Dean in the hallway and he...." She paused as she saw the tears streaming down my cheeks, "What happened?" She asked.

"Dean and Summer.....they were.....kissing." I cried.

"Aw, C." She said as she gave me another hug.

"I'm leaving." I said. "I'm going to get my stuff before he gets back to the hotel." I said.

"Want me to come with you?" She asked.

"Yeah, Emma?" I asked as I turned to her.

"I'm comin girl!" She said, grabbing her stuff.

I fortunately didn't see Dean on the way out. We went back to the hotel and went to The Shield's room.

"I don't wanna be here longer than I have to." I said.

I went to Dean's room and packed up my things.

"You okay?" AJ asked from behind me.

I sighed and turned, "I'm far from okay." I said. "Maybe I should've listened to you and Emma and everybody else that told me Dean was a bad guy." I said.

"Dean's not a bad guy." AJ said. She came over and sat next to me on the bed, "I think you need to talk to him."

"Hell no." I said.

"I say that because your phone is ringing." She said.

I looked down at my phone. Dean was calling. There were also a million missed calls from Dean.

"Sweetie, if you don't answer that, he's gonna be calling all night." She said.

"What?" I said as I answered it viciously.

"Calm down, Charlie. It's Seth. Where are you?" He asked.

I sighed in relief, "Your suite. Getting my stuff." I said.

"You okay?" He asked.

"No." I said. "Why are you on Dean's phone?" I asked.

"He begged me to talk to you after millions of voicemails he sent you." He said.

"Nothing you say is gonna make me forgive him. I'm done with this." I said.

"What about you being part of The Shield?" He asked.

"I don't know, Seth. I don't know if I can do it." I said.

"Listen, we can still be friends, right?" He asked. "I wouldn't want our special bond coming to a waste. You know I love you, sweetheart."

I smiled, "Love you too, Ninja." I said.

"I gotta go. The Shield is standing ringside for Kane's match." He said.

"Against Big Show?" I asked.

"Yep." He replied.

"So....I'm guessing Kane wants you there to do his dirty work, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said. "Don't worry, sweetheart. The Shield doesn't work for Kane. Now I gotta go. Dean's gonna be pretty pissed that I didn't beg you to take him back, but I'll think of something."

"Why would he think it would work?" I asked.

"He says we have this special connection." He said.

I smiled, "We do." I said, "Thanks Seth."

"Welcome sweetie, and uh....do you wanna hang out? Like tomorrow or something? Ya know.....just a friends day out to make you feel better." He said.

"Yeah, sure." I said.

"K, I'll pick you up around 10 tomorrow." He said.

"K. See ya." I said.

We hung up and I looked over to AJ.

She gave me a sympathetic smile and I returned it with a shy smiled. I took my necklace off and examined it for a minute.

I kissed it gently before placing it on the bedside table.

Then, I took my things and left.