Charlie's Hero

Chapter 5

Days passed by. I didn't hear from Dean. Lucky for me, I didn't have any confrontations with Bray Wyatt either.

I needed to talk to him. I just didn't know how. It was Saturday and we were about to do a house show. I had a match against AJ.

I was a face and she was a heel. I had had many house show matches, but have never had a match on Raw or Smackdown.

"Hopefully I get an actual match on the show one day." I said as Emma and I were hangin backstage.

"I know. I've seen you wrestle. You definitely deserve a match." She said.

"I know." I said.

We were walking down the corridor and then I spotted him.......Dean.

"Oh, should I leave you two love birds alone?" She asked.

"We're not lovebirds. Please just don't draw attention to us. Dean and I are not exactly on speaking terms right now." I said.

I knew I needed to talk to him, but now was not the time or place to do it.

We just walked right past each other.

"Whoah. What happened between you two?" Emma asked.

I sighed. "You were right, he's into me. He kissed me, but I rejected him."

"What? I thought you had a thing for him too." She said.

"When did I ever say that?" I asked.

"Nice try hiding it, but you're not very good at hiding your feelings." She said.

I was blushing. Okay, I admit it. I did have unexplainable feelings for Dean. I have ever since he came to my rescue.

"No." I said.

She wasn't convinced. I sighed. "I hate it when best friends know everything about you." I said.

"It's not exactly a bad thing. Sometimes it's a good thing to have your best friends be able to tell your feelings. They can comfort you. They can make you realize things that you didn't before, like the fact that you like Dean. And.......they can do this." Emma said as she turned her head in the direction of Dean. "HEY DEAN!" She yelled.

My eyes widened as he whipped around. She continued without hesitation. "CHARLIE HAS SOMETHING SHE WANTS TO TELL YOU!"

I buried my face in my hands. He hesitated like he didn't know if he should come over, but he came. I looked at Emma with an angry look as to say 'what the hell was that?' She just shrugged lightly, smiled, then walked away leaving me with Dean.

I slowly turned to face him as he awaited for what I wanted to say.

"Look, I know you must hate me right now." I said.

"Why would I hate you?" He asked sarcastically. "You totally made me make a fool of myself. Naw....I don't hate you." He said.

He turned to walk in the opposite direction, but I caught up with him.

"Dean, it's not that I don't care about you. It's not that I don't like you." I said.

He stopped and turned around. "Then what is it?" He asked forcefully.

I sighed. I looked down the corridor and made sure that we were alone. I sat on the crate next to us and began revealing the truth.