Charlie's Hero

It was time for Smackdown. I had managed to go the night without calling Dean.

"Are you gonna talk to him today?" Emma asked.

What a coincidence that Dean passed us while doing his pre show jog.

"Do not call him over....."

"DEAN!" She called, interrupting me.

I slapped my hand to my forehead. He jogged over.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"So uh....do you have a match tonight?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"Well, I guess our storyline isn't progressing tonight, is it?" He asked.

I shrugged, "Do you have a match?" I asked.

"Nope!" He said, "Summit."

"Huh?" I asked.

"Seth called a Shield Summit for tonight. We're gonna see what that idiot has to say." He said.

I nodded. "Well, I'll be watching." I said.

He smirked softly, "Thanks baby. I love you."

I smiled as he kissed the side of my head.

"So, uh..." He grabbed my hands as he spoke, "are we still taking space?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah."

He looked hurt, but nodded. "I understand."

He cupped my cheek and leaned his forehead against mine. "And, what about this weekend?" He asked.

"Um....about that..."

"Damnit, I really screwed everything up, didn't I?" He asked.

"No!" I said quickly, "It's not that. It's just that.....I realized we were kinda rushing this and I'm not quite ready yet."

He looked sad, but once again nodded. "K. See you later."

I nodded and he walked off.

I left Emma and went around the hallway corner to see AJ and Tamina talking.

I just walked right passed them.

"It's a shame what happened to your boyfriend." AJ called out.

I turned around, "Yeah well, they have a summit tonight. They'll work it out." I said.

"Yeah we'll see about that." She asked. "I haven't seen you with Dean. Is something wrong?" She asked innocently.

I looked down. "Nothing's wrong." I said.

"Awe, you poor thing." She said.

"Screw you, AJ." I said before walking away.

I went to watch the Shield's summit. I really hoped Seth convinced them. I hated when the guys fought. They were all so important to me, and I couldn't stand the fact of them hating each other.

Dean stood in the ring with Roman frowning angrily at his side. Raising the microphone to his lips, he said, "We can handle getting beat up. We can handle getting hurt. We can handle physical pain. That's no problem."

I was in the locker room with a bunch of Divas watching with me. Despite the space Dean was giving me, I still had his cozy Shield jacket wrapped around me.

"I don't know about you, Roman, but there's one thing I can't handle, what will keep me up at night, and that's being lied to by somebody that I trust." Dean said.