Charlie's Hero

I was rooming with Emma tonight. I didn't really wanna see Dean.

"So, are you gonna tell me why your not with Dean tonight?" She asked.

"No." I shook my head. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Charlie, what happened?" She asked.

"He....he just...." I sighed. I just couldn't get the words out that Dean had pushed me.

"What?" Emma asked. "What'd he do?" She asked.

"He pushed me." I said.

"On purpose?" She asked.

"No, it was an accident, but....I mean, he told me he'd never hurt me." I said. "And he got too focused on squaring up to Roman to even realize what he was doing."

"What happened?" She asked.

I sighed, "I could hear him coming to the locker room before he even came in. I could hear him all the way down the hall. I know he was angry. I ran out to comfort him and I saw him square up to Roman. I pulled his arm back....maybe a little too forcefully and he pushed me to the ground." I said.

"How hard did you pull him back?" She asked.

"I don't know. Hard?" I said.

"Maybe he felt like he needed to defend himself without even realizing that you were....you." She said.

I nodded. "This just changes everything."

"Don't blow it out of proportion, Charlie. It doesn't have to change everything. Just talk to him." She said. "Your wearing his jacket for goodness sakes."

I looked down at Dean's jacket. I snuggled in comfort against it. I heard a knock at the door.

"Who's here?" I asked.

Emma went to the door and do owned it. It was Dean.

"Dean, um...." Emma started.

"Is Charlie here?" He asked. Then he saw me on the couch. "Charlie..."

"I don't wanna talk right now." I said.

"Then listen. Charlie please, just hear me out." He pleaded.

I went up to the door, "I'll handle this." I said to Emma."

She nodded and went to her room.

"Listen Dean, I need some space, okay?" I asked.

"Charlie, I never meant to push you. I don't wanna be the bad guy here okay? I'm not like that Brian dude. I'm not gonna turn into him okay? I love you." He said.

I stared into his eyes. I felt a tear run down my cheek. "Dean, after everything that happened to me. After everything I've told you and you do this." I said.

"I know, and I hate myself for doing it." He said. He got closer. "I'm sorry."

"I know, but I'm not just gonna drop this. You know why? Cause I don't want this relationship to turn into an abusive one." I said.

He leaned his forehead against mine. "Just tell me I didn't mess this up. Charlie, please tell me I didn't screw this up." He begged.

I grabbed his face, holding it close to mine. "You didn't screw it up." I said reassuringly. "Listen, I'm gonna stay here tonight. I'll see you later."

"No Charlie, I want you with me." He said.

I shook my head, "I'm sorry. I can't be with you tonight." I said.

He gently pressed his lips against mine. "I love you." He whispered.

I paused, "K." I answered simply. I closed the door as he walked off and I leaned against it.

Gosh, what have I done?