Charlie's Hero

Dean and I walked hand in hand through the halls in the Raw arena.

We heard someone clear their throat. We turned to see Vince.

"There something going on here?" He asked.

"Yeah, you didn't know? Dean and I are dating." I said.

"How long has this been going on?" He asked.

"2 weeks today." Dean said.

"Well, congratulations. I think I should add on to the news. I need to see you two in my office. Find the other Shield boys." Vince said.

I nodded and looked at Dean. He hadn't talked to them all day.

"I'll get them if you want me to." I offered.

He nodded and I walked in the opposite direction.

"CHARLIE!" He called out.

"What?" I asked.

"Be careful." He said.

"I'm just going down the hall. Your locker room is right around the corner." I said.

Okay....2 weeks. He was a little too overprotective....but I guess he had a good reason. I'd hopefully find out a lot about that this weekend.

I brought Seth and Roman to Vince's office.

"Guys, how would you feel about Charlie joining the Shield?" Vince asked.

"Really!?" I exclaimed.

"Social media has been blowing up. They want to know what's going on between Charlie and Dean. The plan is to get you two to challenge each other a little then eventually fall in love." Vince said.

Love.

I've never been in love before. That definitely wasn't something I needed to say to Dean. What if I scared him off?

"Sounds great." Roman said.

"Welcome to The Shield, sweetheart." Seth said.

Dean put his arm around me and smiled.

We were dismissed.

"So I guess we just play it by ear for now." I said.

"Match tonight?" He asked me.

I nodded, "Tamina. You?" I asked.

"Nope!" He said. "But we'll be there for your match."

Seth and Roman caught up with us. They looked at Dean uneasily.

"I'll talk to you later." I said to Dean. I kissed him gently on the cheek.

I turned to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back in for a real, long kiss.

"See you later." He said.

I smiled and nodded.

*later*

I got my title and sat down in guerrilla. Dean was probably gonna come out during my match or after to try to intimidate me again.

My music hit and I continued my celebration from the previous night. I held my title high.

Then I heard 'Let's Light It Up' and I saw AJ skipping down the ramp with Tamina close behind.

The bell rang. Before we could get locked up, I heard the crowd cheer louder than usual. I looked over at the announcers.

Dean was sitting at the commentator' stable with a headset on and his championship belt in his hands.

He smirked at me. He was gonna watch my match up close. YAY!