✰ FIFTEEN - WAKE ME UP (INSIDE) ✰

" don't trust the moon, she's always changing "

BLOOD pooled around her feet and she took a step back right into Klaus' hard chest. He gave a breathy chuckle, his hands grabbing onto her waist to stop her from falling back in surprise. She felt her cheeks burn as Marcel quirked his eyebrow at her.

"Can I get you anything, brother?" Klaus asked as Lena stepped to the side of him. Elijah kneeled down beside the slaughtered body of Papa Tunde, checking for any signs of...well, anything. "A magnifying glass? A pipe perhaps?" Lena let out a giggle as Klaus grinned cheekily. He always was so proud of his own jokes.

"You have a theory that you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah asked his brother, raising his head from the dead body and not looking nearly as impressed by the joke as Lena was. Lena had been at breakfast with Rebekah out in the Quarter when they had gotten the phone call from Klaus. Of course, Lena had went to go and investigate whatever problems he had stirred up now while Rebekah caught wind of another witchy problem that she decided to check out. So they split up, a beignet for each of them and a determined facade to their strides.

"Back in the day--" interrupted Marcel, stopping an argument from breaking out between the brothers, "--the witches wanted to send a threat they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep."

"That's a huge chicken," joked Lena. Klaus chuckled beside her and she held out her hand for a high-five, which she got while the other two vampires shared eyerolls.

"Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be their prize fighter why leave him for dead in our front yard?" asked Klaus, but Lena had already caught sight of a familiar bounce of blonde curls and she straightened up, grinning at her best friend.

"Well, don't you all look cheery," she greeted them, winking at her best friend. "Listen to this. A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving her tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux."

Lena and Marcel shared excited glances. If Monique was alive again that meant that Davina could be brought back to life too. They could get their girl back.

"The tourists thought it was part of the show," Rebekah went on to explain, "but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle."

"Maybe it is," said Marcel. "They think that all hope is lost but now suddenly a Harvest Girl is resurrected," he then turned to Lena, grinning brightly. "This is how we're gonna get Davina back--"

"Kill the witch that took her place!" she clapped her hands together, amusing Klaus slightly. He had never seen anyone get so excited about killing someone before and he definitely did not expect it from Lena who hated the sight of blood so much that she had thrown up when she first saw Papa Tunde's dead body covered in the red liquid.