✰ SEVEN - BAYOU TREKKERS ✰

" pointing fingers cause you'll never take the blame like me? "

"WE HAD A DEAL!"

Lena let out a screech of fright as Sophie and Klaus appeared out of nowhere in front of her. She had been alone in the sitting room, one earphone stuck in her ear and a drawing pad out in front of her as she sketched to pass time. She had woken up early and gone to the Quarter to find new art supplies and some more magical things to keep in her room (mostly crystals and talismans.) Now, she was a bit bored waiting for Hayley and Rebekah, who had agreed to a movie day with her.

Rebekah had also suddenly appeared beside her, raising her eyebrow at the drawing of Klaus that Lena was sketching.

"You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army and whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches!" Klaus reprimanded the witch, sitting down beside Lena who had to quickly turn the page of her drawing book before he noticed her sketch.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear," argued back Sophie. "Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die."

"Then who were they?" asked Rebekah. Last night, Hayley and Rebekah had been attacked by witches, but they had been saved by the wolf that had been following Hayley around everywhere.

"They're a faction of extremists, Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby!"

"What kind of vision?" asked Klaus, his arm curling around the sofa behind Lena's head. His knee pressed against hers and no matter how much she wanted to move away, she felt drawn to sitting next to him and she knew she couldn't move.

"She has them all the time, they're totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one," Sophie tried to explain, but Lena felt oddly uncomfortable about the idea of a vision being open to other ideas. Visions were meant to be solid, seen as they were. Whoever this Sabine was, Lena didn't feel the need to meet her.

"Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?" asked Klaus, moving so that most of his leg was pressed completely against Lena's. That electricity ran through her completely and she felt the blood rush to her cheeks.

"Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches."

"Ah, well, I grow fonder of this child by the second." Lena rolled her eyes, elbowing Klaus in his ribs as he chuckled at her annoyance. Even Rebekah let out a giggle at Lena's reaction to her brother's joke.