✰ SIX - LATIN GROCERY LIST ✰

" crawling underneath my skin, sweet talk with a hint of sin "

THE Ricci grimoires were filled with more scribbles than any grimoire there ever was. Lena's handwriting and the handwriting of some of her ancestors filled the heavy book, but that didn't stop Lena from filling in even more. She made up more spells, introduced new ways to protect from dark magic, she even wrote her shopping lists in there sometimes (in Latin so nobody knew but her).

"I told you, Agnes, I feel great," Hayley told the witch sitting across from her. Rebekah and Lena shared an eyeroll from where they sat on the opposite side of the room, Rebekah using her laptop to find a map of New Orleans.

"You are overdue for a checkup," said the dark skinned witch. When she had first been introduced to Lena, she had been obviously wary of her as she had felt the strong magic of her ancestors running through her.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here," Hayley quirked back.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child," Rebekah told the werewolf. Lena sent her best friend a sympathetic glance, knowing just how much Rebekah had wanted to have children and that was why she had jumped at the chance to raise the witch. "Strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."

Lena patted Rebekah's knee, allowing the vampire to link their fingers together and squeeze her hand. It was a sign of her being okay, but maybe not feeling okay, and that she knew Lena was there and she could talk if she wanted to. But Rebekah did not want to.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou, off the beaten path. Now I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight, after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it," Agnes told Hayley. Lena looked over her shoulder at the two and watched Hayley roll her eyes before agreeing to go.

As they left the room, Lena stretched on the couch, throwing her short legs over Rebekah's lap much to the blonde vampire's consternation. Rebekah started to bite her freshly painted nails - Lena had painted them dark purple that morning after they had both showered, and Rebekah had painted hers bright pink in return.

"Please sister--" came Klaus' voice as he sauntered into the room, "--tell me you're not still at it with the internet search."

Lena followed Klaus' movements with her eyes. Every time she saw him he was pouring himself a drink. Rebekah sometimes did that too. Maybe the Mikaelson's were a family of alcoholics.