✰ TWENTY FIVE - A NEW HOPE ✰

" damn, if these walls could talk "

SHE didn't have time to change her clothes. She just followed behind Elijah, arms curled around her body, shivering in the leather skirt and ruined sweater that she wore. Her tights had holes in them. She didn't care. Lena didn't care about anything now. Hayley was missing. Klaus was missing. The Correa's were werewolves. Everything was wrong. Lena wanted Rebekah, it was noticeable by the way her hair had lost its colour and returned to its original dark brown. She looked sickly.

"You should stay here," Elijah whispered to her as she trailed behind him down the stairs, shivering. He couldn't tell if she was afraid or cold. Maybe both. Lena shook her head, glancing around the courtyard they had just reached. It was littered with vampires, some groaned and twitched in pain, some lay there, flesh beginning to rot. Marcel was there with Cami, trying to help those who were not yet dead. His neck was bleeding.

"You'll need help finding them."

"You might slow me down--"

"I NEED TO FIND THEM!" her voice was the most terrible screech. It was full of raw emotion. The tears had built in her eyes and her throat and the noise had clawed through her, leaving her gasping for air. She wanted to sink to her knees. She couldn't even save Hayley. Rebekah had told her that she'd be able to save Hayley next time and she couldn't. She was weak. It was her fault that Hayley was missing.

"Lena--" but Elijah cut Cami off, his hand flew up, stopping her from moving towards the emotionally unstable witch.

"You can come with me," he said to her, holding out his hand for her to take. Slowly, she moved her fingers between his. They were cold. "Do you know a spell that you can use to find one of them, preferably Hayley?"

Lena took a deep breath. She had to be strong. She had to clear her mind. She had to think. She cast her mind back to all her family grimoires that Rebekah had saved for her. She flipped through every spell, read every letter until she finally found the one in the back of her mind.

"I need a compass," her voice croaked, but she didn't care in that moment. "I also need either Hayley or Klaus' blood."

"I managed to get Klaus to bleed in the street, his blood is all over a car," Marcel told her as he tended to one of his vampires. Technically they were Elijah and Klaus', but technicalities had stopped mattering after the disaster that had just happened.

"Okay, Elijah, you get a compass and meet me out of the street."

As Elijah sped off, Lena made her way quickly into the street, attempting not to slip on the blood soaking the ground. There was a red car covered in blood. That was probably the one Marcel had been talking about. Elijah appeared at her side just as she reached the car.