✰ THIRTY TWO - THEIR CHANCES SUCK ✰

" I was afraid to leave you on your own "

STRETCHED out in the backseat of Klaus' Jeep, Lena scrolled through her phone. Marcel had phoned back saying that Kol would only help find another body for Rebekah if Klaus gave him back some diamond that he had taken from him back in the early twentieth century. At the sound of that, Lena had grumbled that the Mikaelson's were the best at holding grudges.

"You are mad to give Kol that diamond," Rebekah scolded her older brother.

"Our little brother has been plotting against me for years and he hasn't got a lick of it right, I'll take my chances."

"And if your chances suck?" asked Lena, glancing up from her phone to see her boyfriend roll his eyes in the rearview mirror before electing to ignore her.

"Do you know what to do?" Klaus asked his sister. They were on their way back to New Orleans to allow Rebekah the chance to talk with her mother and say yes to the deal and despite the blonde Mikaelsons' arguments, there was no way that Lena was going to let Rebekah go herself.

"Yes," replied the vampire,although she sounded worried. Lena wished there was another way or even just the ability to talk Rebekah out of the decision she had made,but her mind was set. "But if it doesn't go to plan, Lena please make sure my brother handles my body with care, I may miss the old model," she joked, although the couple did not laugh.

"If everything goes south, I will be there to pull you out," promised Klaus. Lena nodded in agreement. "We just have to take Esther out before she body jumps. I don't want all of this to have been for nothing."

Rebekah's lips split into a grin. "You and I on the same team, it must be Christmas." Lena chuckled, remembering how Rebekah and Klaus had been the year before when she had first gotten to New Orleans. Constantly bickering, always at each other's throats, almost killing the other. This was nice and new and refreshing and to say that Lena liked it would be an understatement.

She noticed Klaus glance at her through the rearview mirror and grinned brightly at him. He smiled back and they both heard Rebekah groan and mumble something about how she hated how cute they were. It felt nice for the three of them to laugh together. A family once divided, whole again.

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

LENA couldn't hear what was going on inside the Abattoir, but by the look on Klaus' face she knew that someone was saying something they really shouldn't.