Marimar episode 54 - The one where Sergio and Marimar dance the tango

Sergio claims that Bella is his wife. Rodolfo declares it impossible. "Asawa? Di mo pwede maging asawa si Bella!"

"Hindi siya si Bella. Siya si Marimar!" Sergio is firm in his belief and tells Marimar, "Hindi ako pwedeng magkamali, asawa kita." (I cannot be wrong, you are my wife.)

Rodolfo tries to defend Bella who seems to be at a loss for words. "She's Bella Aldama. Please leave my party."

Corazon and Innocencia chat. The ex-cook tells the ex-secretary about Cruzita asking about his father. Innocencia concedes that Cruzita is at an age where she is curious about her father. Corazon asks whether Innocencia knows if Marimar has any plans of telling her daughter about Sergio. Innocencia tells Corazon that in that matter, Marimar is adamant that Cruzita never knows about Sergio.

Angelika and Monica at the the pool bar and the former is enjoying her drink. She notices that Monica is not having any and asks her why. Monica admits that Diego doesn't really approve of her drinking. Angelika prompts her, "Kanino ka ba mas takot, sa akin o sa asawa mo?" (Who are you more afraid of, me or your husband?) Monica quickly calls the waiter and orders, "Vodka tonic, bilis!"

Monica observes how Angelika seems to be quite in a celebratory mood and her friend replies why shouldn't she be. "Hawak ko na si Renato. Isa na lang ang kulang, si Sergio." (I already controll Renato. Only one thing is missing, Sergio.)

Monica is surprised to know that Angelika still holds the flames for Sergio. "Siya pa rin ba?" After all, it's been years since Angelika and Sergio last met but Angelika declares solemnly, "I love him and I'll always love him."

Rodolfo having taken Bella away from the crazed Sergio, takes her to his father. As he makes the introductions, the two speak in Spanish. The elder San Gines is sorry for the loss of Bella's father who was a good man and upright businessman. He also apologizes for not being at the wake and the funeral. Bella graciously accepts the old man's apologies and brushes off his misgivings assuring him it is not a big matter to worry about.

Sergio doesn't leave. Instead he asks Antonio's opinion. His friend has seen pictures of Marimar in his laptop and he wants Antonio to agree with him that the woman posing as Bella is Marimar.

Back at the Aldama home, Corazon asks Innocencia why Marimar is now very angry with Sergio when she used to be so in love with him. Innocencia explains, "niloko daw siya ni Sergio." (According to Marimar, Sergio fooled her.) Corazon doesn't believe it at all. She knows how in love Sergio was with Marimar and is certain the young man could never do that to her.

Antonio recalls the Aldama incident – the one when Natalia held someone hostage. But Sergio still wants Antonio to believe Bella is Marimar. He insists that he knows Marimar's every move and that is definitely Marimar.

Innocencia warns Corazon never to defend Sergio in front of Marimar. She is certain Marimar will only get upset if the plump woman ever did that. Innocencia adds that Corazon must realize that Marimar had already closed that chapter of her life and left it behind. Her old life at San Martin dela Costa with Sergio. Corazon is hopeful for a reconciliation as she asks the younger woman, "Wala na bang katiting na pagmamahal si Bella kay Sergio?" (Doesn't she have an iota of love left for Sergio?)

Antonio is doubtful about Bella being Marimar. But Sergio is not deterred. He says, "Ang mahalaga nakita ko na ang asawa ko." (What's important is I've found my wife.) He moves towards Marimar and Antonio shouts after him, "Hoy saan ka pupunta?" (Where are you going?) (Excuse me but has he forgotten that Marimar left for the US 4 years ago? Shempre pagbalik medyo stateside na ang asta no, lalo na Marimar is an Aldama but of course he doesn't know that...but he should be able to remember, hinabol-habol pa nga niya.)