Marimar Episode 49 - The one with the Kim-Sergio Bar scene; Marimar gets it all

Gustavo clutches his heart as he falls to the ground and Esperanza buffering his fall as she cries out his name, fearing the worst for her cousin whose heart condition is weak and problematic.

Innocencia gets a firm hold of the falling pram and took Cruzita safely in her arms.

Natalia pointing the gun at Marimar intends to end it here and now but the police shoot her and she receives mortal wounds in the stomach and chest. Natalia falls to the ground as Marimar notices her father fall. The latter screams her father's name while the former lies on the floor. Natalia looks beside her and sees her dead sister is lying beside her too. Finally, the two are united in the afterlife.

Sergio arrives at the gate and makes his way through the crowd gathered of mostly press people wanting to get inside. But the guard by the gate is not letting anyone in. He reasons that he knows Natalia and wants to speak with her but still wasn't allowed to get through. He decides to return to their company party.

Marimar sees Gustavo being carried onto an ambulance and taken to the hospital. She cries out to her father, fearing his heart had given up.

As Sergio is on his way back to the party, he receives a call from Kim who is sounding a bit upset demanding where he went. He tells her that he is on his way back and ends the call.

Antonio asks what Sergio told Kim as the rich young divorcee snaps her phone off. She tells Antonio that Sergio's just gone off to see an old friend. She is certain that friend has something to do with Marimar.

Gustavo is lying unconscious in a hospital stretcher bound to the emergency room. They share the room together, her with the shoulder wound from the gun and him with his failing heart. Marimar cries and wants to be beside Gustavo. She tells everyone to care for him first. She keeps crying, "Itay!" (Kulit ni Marimar! She should just pray and let the doctors do what they can, hirap nya gamutin sa likot nya, para shang di nasa critical condition...)

Esperanza runs to Marimar's side to comfort her and the elder woman tells her that doctors are making sure Gustavo is fine. She calms the young woman down telling Marimar that the doctors need to fix her too as she has already lost a lot of blood. Marimar just continues to cry, "Tatay ko." They give Marimar a shot that would calm her so they can operate on her. Once sedated, Esperanza transfers to the other side of the curtain. She cries as she sees doctors busy reviving Gustavo.

Kim is rather upset with the fact that after all this time, Sergio is still occupied by his love for his wife. "Hanggang ngayon talaga di pa rin makalimutan ni Sergio ang kanyang nakaraan."

Antonio tells her to give Sergio more time. Kim exasperated tells Antonio that, "It's been a year and a half already! May hangganan din naman ako!"

Antonio asks Kim whether she is already giving up on Sergio and Kim tells him straight, "I don't like losing lalo na marami na rin naman ang isinugal ko."

Antonio tells Kim that it is indeed difficult especially when you cannot really equate love to a gamble. There is not one method to ensure success. Besides, Antonio reminds her, another difficulty is that she doesn't know who she's up against.

Kim in her mind tells Antonio that he is wrong. She does know who her rival is and this what she will use to win Sergio.

Innocencia and her mother are left the task of caring for baby Cruzita for a while since Marimar is in hospital undergoing an operation and Esperanza is looking after two patients both with life-threatening conditions. Innocencia and her mother are practically the closest family Cruzita has at this scary times. (Since Sergio doesn't know he has such a cute daughter.)