Marimar Episode 53 - The one where Sergio meets Bella

Bella greets Leonor warmly. Cruzita tells everyone that her mom is beautiful and she is beautiful like her mom. Marimar exclaims, "Well, that's my baby" and everyone is happy to welcome the new arrivals. They all go inside the house. Fulgoso arrives complete with studded leather paw bracelets and a new accent, "Hey Yo! Wazzup?" Inay Leonor exclaims, "Ang guwapo ni Fulgoso!"

Angelika arrives at Villa Santibanez and the staff welcome her at the main entrance. Monica kisses her friend and asks, "Kumusta ka na? Nagputa ka ba sa Statue of Liberty?" (How are you? Did you go to the Statue of Liberty?)

Angelika replies in her usual sharp tone, "Alam mo Monica, nakakatuwa ka talaga, kasi hanggang ngayon, tanga ka pa rin. Nasa New York and Statue of Liberty. Sa Paris ako galing!" (You know Monica, you are so amusing. Until now, you are such an idiot. The Statue of Liberty's in New York city, I came from Paris!)

Monica changes the subject and asks about Renato. Immediately Angelika's face turns somber.

Antonio is in the office chatting on the phone with someone. Sergio walks in and he cuts his conversation. Sergio teases him whether he'd been talking to Georgia. Antonio tells him Georgia is old news, this is another lady. Sergio couldn't quite believe how quickly his friend changes from one relationship to another and asks him whether he's serious or not. Antonio tells him he's just a single guy enjoying himself which is quite normal. Sergio cautions him to be careful, "Baka mapikot ka." (Get involved in a shot-gun wedding.) Antonio replies he is quite careful. He further suggests introducing Sergio to a couple of his model friends. Sergio reminds him that he's a married man. Antonio cuts him and tells him that he is aware that his friend is married, in fact he's been saying that for four years.

"Four years, four months, eight days..." Sergio sighs, obviously aware of how long it has been since he and Marimar had been apart.

Angelika is now in serious, woman-in-grave-suffering-mode and replies to everyone, "Parating na." He's coming. An ambulance arrives and Renato in a straight-jacket is escorted outside the van. He appears crazy telling the medics that he doesn't want to be there.

We see a new character in the story (Marvin Agustin). He seems suave, confident and successful as he arrives at a board meeting. The smooth-talker sits and waits along with the others for the arrival of Gustavo Aldama's heiress.

Renato is indeed crazy and Angelika instructs her staff to put him inside and give him his medication so he remains calm. She tells the crowd of staff and friends that Renato had been quite stressed when they left for Paris. It has gotten worse and now he is completely lunatic. She continues to emote that she has done everything she can for him, even consulted specialists in Paris. Nicandro comments, "Grabe naman ang nangyari. Kawawa naman pala si Sir Renato."

The slick board member appears to be getting impatient from waiting. He inquires, "Sino ba yang Bella Aldama na iyan? 2 p.m. na! Darating pa ba?" (Who is this Bella Aldama? It's two p.m.! Is she still coming?) Just then, Bella arrives. She immediately quites the board by telling them straight and particularly addressing the young maverick, "Kung nagmamadali kayong umalis, hindi ko kayo pipigilan. Bukas ang pinto para sa inyo. You may leave anytime you want." (If you want to leave, I cannot stop you. The door is open.) Despite the invitation, the young man indicates with a smile that he wants to stay.

Antonio is watching some staff fix a vehicle and does some improvised dance steps to amuse himself. Unknown to him, Sergio is looking from a distance and is laughing at his dance moves.

The young businessman inquires, "Ikaw ba ang anak ni Gustavo Aldama?" (Are you the daughter of Gustavo Aldama?)

"The one and only." Bella confirms. She also adds, "Naisip ko na limang taon din naman kayo naghintay kaya what's wrong with an hour di ba?" (I thought you've all waited for me for the last five years, so what's wrong with an hour, right?" Seeing no other protests from the group, she calls for them to begin, "Let's start the meeting."