Marimar episode 37 - Sergio returns, Marimar becomes Bella

Sergio returns to Villa Santibanez in crutches prompting a worried Angelika to fret and fuss over him but he ignores her. Instead he orders Nicandro to prepare the speed boat as he is eager to go the island where the Perez' hut and Marimar are supposed to be "living" in. Renato is also there to greet his son's return but was quite upset with his wife when she seemed to be more excited about Sergio's return as well as questioning his right to go see his wife immediately.

Innocencia tells Marimar to come with her to work as she may be able to get her a job in the same place. When Marimar hesitated, having nothing decent to wear, Innocencia immediately chose from among her own clothes and lent it to Marimar. Thanking her new friend, Marimar revealed that she just used to go around barefoot all over San Martin dela Costa as it was the most comfortable thing for her. She added she only started wearing shoes when she married Sergio and lived at the villa. Fulgoso also added that she also didn't use to bathe regularly.

Still by the resorts, front steps, Sergio asks for Corazon as he needs to speak with him urgently regarding the matter the cook had called him in Macau which sounded like Marimar was in trouble. Angelika replied that a lot of staff have left including Corazon and Arturo. This angers Sergio who reasoned how can anyone fire Corazon when she is most loyal and have been in the resort since his mother's time; "Well before you!" he lashed at Angelika. He added that Arturo is also not just a mere employee, explaining in part the special educational stipend his siblings receive, and is his childhood friend. Renato defended his wife stating simply that she is now the one in charge of running the resort and that he trusts her judgment completely.

Innocencia and Marimar arrive at the beerhouse where the former works as a waitress. She introduces Marimar to the manager, Boss Larry, who urgently requires a dishwasher. However the man looked Marimar over and replied she would be more suitable as one of the girls if she preferred. Marimar declined not fully understanding what he slyly meant and inquired Innocencia about it. Innocencia pointed the "girls" who are there to entertain the patrons, she said. Marimar is still confused and asks, "How do they entertain the customers?" and to this, Innocencia just shrugged and warned her friend not to pay them any attention as they can be quite confrontational and sensitive about their job. Marimar was still confused but left it at that, happy to have found a job at last.

Sergio finds the grave of Pancho and Cruz at the top of the hill and kneels to pay his respects. He says, "Lolo Pancho, Lola Cruz, alam ko na hindi ninyo ako mapapatawad sa ginawa ko sa apo nyo, pati na rin sa inyo. Nabigo ko kayo. Di ko natupad ang pangako kong alagaan si Marimar. Iniwan ko siya, sinaktan ko. Sinaktan ko ang isang taong walang ibang ginawa kundi mahalin ako. Hahanapin ko si Marimar. Itatama ko lahat ng pagkakamali ko. Pag natagpuan ko na siya, mamahalin ko siya ng buong-buo. Pangako iyon." (Grandfather Pancho, Grandmother Cruz, I know you will not be able to forgive me for what I have done to your granddaughter, and also to you. I have failed you. I failed in my promise to take care of Marimar. I left her, hurt her. I hurt the one person in this world who did nothing but love me. I will find her. I will right all my mistakes. And when I do find her, I will love her fully. I promise.) Sergio stands to leave after his heartfelt speech.

Fulgoso wants Marimar to reveal the truth about her condition to Innocencia and her mother. She came home with the mutt happy to see her even asking for some goodies she may have brought for him but Marimar exclaimed she very tired what with being on her feet the whole day. Innocencia's mother noticed how pale she looked and called her daughter to accompany Marimar to the local health center to get checked-up. Marimar, unable to feign any more excuses confessed her pregnancy. Innocencia and her mother are happy to hear the good news with Innocencia exclaiming that Sergio must be quite happy to know that he is going to be a father soon. Marimar declares that Sergio does not know that she is with child. She tells both women that he went abroad, leaving her. Innocencia and her mother sympathize with Marimar's sad tale.