Marimar episode 44 - The one where Marimar learns to write

Gustavo arrives with Natalia pretending to be his long, lost daughter – Marimar. Marimar sees her and stops herself from being seen by Natalia as she is afraid the former will reveal her true identity. Fulgoso even asks "Hindi ba natin siya babatiin?" (Aren't we greeting her?) as Gustavo introduces Natalia to her aunt Esperanza. Natalia embraces her aunt and the still doubtful Esperanza asks Gustavo, "Paano mo siya nakita?" (How did you find her?)

The scene cuts to Renato and Angelika's suite. Angelika had been thrown by Renato's brute strength into a corner where she was able to grab a gun from a cupboard. She is now pointing the gun at Renato who becomes all the more manic in his rage asking his wife, "Kaya mo akong patayin?" as he breaks a mirror. He then grabs the biggest chuck that is shaped like a knife and lunges at his wife. He easily overpowers Angelika and takes the gun away from her. Renato grabs her face and aims the mirror shard at her.

Meantime Sergio who called Kim for a date is lying on his hotel bed as Kim comes in with a bottle of vodka. She can see that Sergio is already drunk and comments, "Mukhang nagsimula ka na without me." (Looks like you've started without me). Sergio looks at her with drunken eyes and says, "Pwede ka pa naman humabol." (You can still catch up.) Smiling down at Sergio, Kim removes her robe to reveal a very sexy and short nightgown as she tells him, "Now the real party begins."

Back at San Martin dela Costa, Renato strangles Angelika who is wide-eyed with fear. He shouts at her, "Are you challenging me?" while the woman tries to pacify the man by asking, "Renato, di ba mahal mo ako?" (Renato, don't you love me?) But Renato remains angry and tells Angelika, "Ang hirap mong mahalin, napakasinungaling mo!" (It's so hard to love you; you're such a liar!) Just then he cuts Angelika's face with the shard.

We flash back to Natalia's earlier encounter with the private investigator we now know as Sanchez. He is asking her how she came by with Marimar's necklace. I remember when Nicandro stole it from Marimar and handed it to Angelika, she threw it away calling is a cheap fake. Someone did pick it up. The hands where those of a man so I suspect Choi picked it up to return it to Marimar later but maybe Natalia, who seems to have killed Choi took it and claimed it for herself.

Natalia has heard of Senor Gustavo Aldama, she knows that he is a very rich man; a multi-billionaire. She insists that she is the Marimar Sanchez has been looking for but the private investigator told her outright that he had checked on her background already and knows that she is not Marimar. Natalia then brokers a deal with Sanchez telling him no one needs to know and he can divide the profit between them. The PI gives in and even fills-in Natalia on some crucial details that she needs to know if she is to successfully pull off being Marimar. She also hires a fake set of parents who will corroborate with her story that they had picked her off the shore near San Martin dela Costa after an aircraft crashed nearby those many years ago. She holds the necklace already, the one thing Gustavo recognizes as his gift for his daughter.

The next scene is the meeting between Gustavo and Natalia a.k.a. the Marimar impostor. Gustavo was quite cautious as he is afraid to be disappointed. Natalia pretending to be sweet and modest claims, "Naiintindihan ko po kung ayaw ninyong maniwala sa akin. Pero meron po akong isang bagay na pinanghahawakan na magpapatunay kung sino talaga ako." (I understand if you do not believe me but I have one thing that will certainly prove her identity.) Then she shows her necklace that Gustavo had given Marimar when she was only seven years old and all reservations melted away as Gustavo rushed to embrace his daughter. Well, at least the one he thinks is his daughter as Natalia returns his embrace calling him "Papa."

Natalia then asks Gustavo a favor. He tells her anything she wants, she will get. She requests Gustavo to call her Natalia as it had been the name her parents gave her and one that she had gotten used to. Gustavo of course agrees and tells her how happy he is to have finally found her.