Marimar episode 39 - The one where Cruzita is ill

Gustavo introduces himself to Marimar and our heroine almost slips, giving her true name but stops and corrects herself, telling her employer that her name is Bella Perez. Gustavo asked her why she left San Martin dela Costa and Marimar briefly talks about how she lost her parents at a young age and her grandparents raised her. Having buried them recently, she decided to find her luck in the city.

At the Villa Santibanez, Angelika is looking for Sergio and Renato is quite upset at how affected her wife still is when it comes to Sergio. He throws a fit telling Angelika to stop. Angelika retorts, "I have not time to reassure you and pacify you."

Renato reminded his ambitious wife, "Isipin mo nasa akin ang kayamanan ng mga Santibanez." (Remember that I have the Santibanez fortunes.) Angelika asks him, "Tinatakot mo ba ako?" (Are you scaring me?) Renato also asks, "Natatakot ka ba?" (Are you scared?) Angelika honestly answers, "Oo." (Yes.)

Marimar and Gustavo continue to talk with the young woman telling the kindly older man a little about her past that led her to leave behind the place she grew up in: losing loved ones, starting a new life. She asks her employer if it is possible for her to go home after all her work is done. She explains that she has a friend who has a sick mother and she would like to be able to help her. Esperanza asks Marimar what she knows and the young woman replies that she can clean the house, cook and do laundry. She also asks Marimar is she has any children. She told Marimar, known to them as Bella that she wants all the house help to work properly and not get distracted by sick babies or family woes. Marimar lies about having a child and assures them that she will work really hard.

Sergio is drinking and Kim arrives. When he asks what game she is playing at, she flirts with him as she replies, "Kung gusto mo, apoy na lang laruin natin." (If you want, we can play with fire instead.) Sergio tells Kim the reason why he is such in a sour mood. He just had an argument with his father and the older Santibanez still suspects that he has feelings for his old flame, Angelika who is not his father's wife.

Kim comments, "Oh OK, the plot thickens. Now I know kung bakit tinaray-tarayan ako nun. She seems to think na pag-aari ka niya." (Now I know why she was so frosty towards me. She seems to think that she owns you.) Sergio declares that Angelika doesn't own him and that only Marimar owns him. Kim reminds Sergio that Marimar is not here, highlighting the fact that she is as she throws Sergio a look that is full of promise.

Esperanza talks sternly to Marimar, "Pumasok ka dito bilang katulong." (You are employed here as a house help.) She continues to tell Marimar about her duties, doing her job well. "Isa ka lang serbidora. Huwag mong abusuhin ang kabaitan ni Gustavo." (You are but a servant. Never abuse the goodness of Gustavo.) She looks at Marimar directly; Marimar can see that Esperanza is one person to fear in the Aldama residence.

Fulgoso and Fifi are now together. Fulgoso asks Fifi is she regrets leaving the comforts of the villa and being Angelika's pet. Fifi replies that she does miss it, only when she is truly hungry. Fifi calls Fulgoso a "dogha" short for dukha na aso (a poor dog) and Fulgoso retorts that she in turn is now a "poordle" short for poor na poodle (a poor poodle).

Kim talks to Antonio over the phone confirming whether the hotel reservations she requested have been arranged. Antonio confirms and adds that he made the same for Sergio. Kim tells Sergio that everything is ready for them to begin their business venture together. She adds that she made necessary arrangements in Manila, like lodgings in a hotel suite, so they can commence their business.

Sergio sighs as he tells Kim, "Hindi mo naiintindihan and kondisyon ko, wala akong pera." (You don't understand my condition, I have no money.) His hesitation at joining their business venture is that he will disappoint Kim in the fact that he has no money to pump into the business.