Marimar Episode 48 - The one where Bella is declared as the real Marimar

Sergio is in his room. He is feeling quite lonely as he goes to his laptop and looks at pictures of Marimar and himself during happier times. He is still wondering whether he did see his wife or if his loneliness and need to see her had just played tricks on him, "Ikaw ba talaga ang nakita ko o namamalik malang lang ako? Pinapaniwala ko lang ba ang sarili ko na ikaw nga iyon? Nandito ka nga ba sa Maynila?" Sergio wonders whether Marimar is really in Manila, He wants to see her so much nut wonders whether Marimar wants to see him back. "Gusto mo ba ko makita?"

He looks at his wedding ring and calls out a desperate message to his wife, that he wants to see her and be with her. "Marimar nahihirapan na ako. Di ko na alam ang gagawin ko. Isa lang ang gusto kong mangyari: magkaharap tayo muli."

Kim who saw Marimar and Cruzita pass by is fighting within herself whether she is going to call out to Marimar or not. "Anong sasabihin ko sa kanya? Na kilala ko si Sergio? Paano kung gusto niyang balikan si Sergio?" If she would approach her nemesis, what would she say? Would she reveal to her that she knows Sergio? And what would she do if she found out that Marimar would still want Sergio back?

Fifi had been looking for Fulgoso for over a week. She is also quite hungry. She sees a saucy-looking dog complete with a bone paraphernalia. She admits the dog is quite an ugly pug but she is more interested in his bone than his looks so she goes and sits beside the rich-looking mutt.

Kim has decided not to tell Marimar or Sergio of what she knows about them. She has thought it through and knows that she will only complicate matters if she should tell about each of them to the other. (Besides, she is more likely only protecting her own interests in keeping Sergio to herself.)

Fulgoso arrives with flowers for Fifi. He's accompanied his mistress who has decided to stay with Innocencia and her mother whilst awaiting for the DNA results. Baby Cruzita and Marimar are already well ahead of him but he stopped to pick flowers for his beloived Fifi who is left in Innocencia's home and care. But Fulgoso sees the ugly pug beside Fifi and demands who he is, "Fifi sino siya? Sino yang aso na iyan?" (Sus seloso din pala itong si Fulgoso, di lang pala si Marimar ang possessive!) Fifi tries to explain, "Fulgoso, this is not what it looks like," but Fulgoso has already ran away. Fifi calls, "Please let me explain, sandali." But Fulgoso is gone. (Ay sus, pati pala nga dogs may LQ rin!)

Gustavo implores the help and guidance of his dead wife to help him find the true Marimar. "Nalilito ako. Di know na alam kung anong gagawin ko." He tells her that between Natalia and Bella, who should he choose? Who is their real child? He wishes his wife is still alive and with him at this very trying moment, "Sana nandito ka."

Natalia talks to a man who is key in ensuring that the DNA results will reveal her as the real Marimar. She tells him she is willing to pay whatever is necessary, "Name your price," to show the results as her bearing the Aldama genes.

Marimar is learning to read as Innocencia teaches her and Inay (both Innocencia and Marimar call Innocencia's mother, 'inay') is looking after baby Cruzita. Marimar is a very diligent student and Innocencia seems happy at the progress her friend has made.

Back at the Aldama home, Gustavo and Esperanza meets the medical team who did the DNA testing. Esperanza breathes a sigh of relief to her cousin, "Sa wakas Gustavo, malalaman na rin natin ang katotohanan," telling him that at last they'd be able to finally know the trurth. The doctor hands Gustavo a sealed envelop. He opens it and reads. Suddenly he stares out in disbelief, "hindi." Esperanza alaramed as her cousin's reaction asks him what the problem is, "Anong problema?"

Marimar falls back into the routine at Innocencia's home and she is sweeping the floor, helping the kind mother and daughter keep their home clean. She talks to Innocencia that she hopes to find out the results of the DNA test as soon as possible. She has some doubts, even to the point of believing that maybe Natalia is indeed Gustavo's child. But in her memory, she knows she is right. Innocencia tells her not to doubt, she is in the right.