Chapter 20- "Project W"

"I think this one would suit you. Try it on", Jessica shoves the maroon dress towards my face and I sigh when I grab it and go to the changing rooms. I had no energy to argue with her about shopping and what outfits would look cute on me.

I honestly didn't care about that shit but she did.

I pull on the dress staring at myself in the mirror. She was right, it did suit me. It hung to my body well and with the black knee high boots she'd chosen for me I had to admit it looked good.

"Let me see", she persisted and I sigh out loud just wanting to go home. However, I tie my hair up into a messy bun before stepping out so she could see me.

Her hazel orbs lingered down my body studying as she tapped her foot.

"This is perfect. You have to get it for when we go to the after party on Friday", her cheeks turned rosy when she was excited about something and I can't help but grin when I look at myself in the mirror.

"Who said I was going to the party?" I know I'm being stubborn and I know I'll be forced to go even if I said no but being stubborn was fun.

"That wasn't a question Winter. You're coming with us to the party. You're also coming to the football game, you don't have to cheerlead but you're part of the squad now so you've got to support the guys", she smiles innocently and I sigh.

"Fine. You're right. So where are these friends of yours were supposed to meet?"

"We're going to meet them right after we pay for these things", I nod my head and leave her to change back into my clothes before grabbing the pile filled with clothes ready to max out my credit card.

When we finished paying we got out the shop and walked into Taco Bell. Now this, this was my sort of scene.

"Hey girls how've you been?" Jessica greeted the two girls. I recognised them from school but had never interacted with them in my life. It was crazy that you could go to school with people all those years of your life but never once make eye contact or have a conversation with them.

It was sad really.

The two girls were Vanessa and Coco Bailey. They were identical twins and well usually when someone met twins they'd find it difficult to distinguish the two apart. I, on the other hand knew that the one with the beauty mark above her lip was Coco and the other without a beauty mark was Vanessa. It was the only subtle difference between the two so only if you looked closely and studied them could you tell them apart.

The twins were beautiful with chocolate brown skin and black curly hair. They were also unique in their clothing and you could tell they had an amazing fashion sense.

"Hey girl, what's up?" Coco says giving her a hug then Vanessa does the same.

"We just went shopping. I want to introduce you guys to Winter", she smiles and the twins attention turns to me like they hadn't even noticed me there from the start.

"Winter? As in Winter Monroe? I thought you hated her?" Vanessa raises an eyebrow and Jessica scoffs loudly, "All in the past girls". The twins give her a weird look before turning their attention back on me again.

"Sorry if we sound bitchy its just we hate fake bitches. I hope Jessica over here isn't be a fake bitch. I'm Coco", she flashes me a warm smile and I know I'll like her. Especially because of that comment which I forced myself not to laugh about. At least I wasn't the only one who could see past the bull shit.

Again, maybe she had changed. Stop judging Winter.

Jessica doesn't seem offended though, instead she rolls her eyes and grins.

"Nice to meet you Coco and you must be Vanessa", I flash her a smile and she gives me a hug.

"The one and only".

"So tell me. How did you get stuck with Jessica. Tell us truthfully, because we sure as hell know she was the biggest A hole to you the past few years", Coco gives Jessica a disapproving look and Jessica sighs.

"Give me a break I'm trying to change", she defends and I feel slightly bad but not bad enough to say;

"Yeah she was a bitch but she's improving I guess. As you guys know she's dating Jay my best friend and she knows very well that if she acts like a dick to me. Jay would drop her without a blink of an eye. But give her the benefit of the doubt— I actually kind of like her now", I turn to look at her and give her a wink and she shakes her head but cracks a smile.

"I deserved that. However, nows not the time to talk about how I used to be as Winter would put it the devil reincarnated. Let's talk about why you never told us about Cameron asking you out", she leans in eager to listen to the gossip and I stare at how in confusion. How did this girl even know me and Cameron had spoken.

The girls began laughing at the reincarnation comment which makes me smirk.

"I like you", Coco says.

"Oooo yes. I love a good gossip. Oh and Cameron Sutton is a hottie— Way to go girl", Vanessa claps her hand in approval.

"I kind of told him that I'd think about it", I shyly confess scratching my head.

"Girl, why in the world would you do that?" Coco snaps her eyes widen.

"Don't tell me it's because you're still in love with Tyler?" Jessica blurts aloud and I try not to curse aloud.

How did she know about that too?

"I'm not in love with Tyler", I blurt out quickly feeling my cheeks flame.

"Oh damn the gossip keeps getting better and better", Vanessa laughs before picking up a taco and eating it like it was popcorn. She was looking at me like I was some kind of movie that she was being entertained by.

"Well from the way your cheeks flushed by the mention of his name I'm pretty sure you do have feelings for him girl. Don't worry, it happens", Coco twirls her curly hair smiling at me.

"I think it's time we set them up, don't y'all think?" Jessica rubs her hands together excitement gleamed in her eyes like I was her new project.

No. No. No.

"No way in hell are you trying to set me up with Tyler".

"So what's the plan?" The girls ignore me smirking mischievously as I huff and cross my arms together.

Really? This was probably why I never had any female friends.