Chapter 3- Grumpy

I sent Jay a text saying I'd see him later after what had happened I couldn't seem to sleep and I wanted to avoid ever seeing Tyler again.

The confidence indeed had gone.

Now I was just stressed out.

What was I stressed about?

Well, Winter, you did just basically strip down in-front of Tyler Wyatt and well you haven't even seen him in years. A great welcome back home don't ya think?

Shit shit shit.

My thoughts weren't being at all helpful and I still didn't know how to process it all, all I wanted to do was leave this house and go home and sleep.

So that's what I did. I was already at the doorsteps of my house feeling a slight relief of having to escape whatever I was running away from. I didn't know why I was so freaked out, I didn't have a crush on him anymore it was just more so I had been imagining scenarios recently and then he popped out of nowhere.

And that was creepy.

I opened the door, tiptoeing inside not wanting to wake up my parents and little sister Bailey in the process.

Bailey was five years old with pretty blonde hair a loud voice and kind charisma she took after my mother's looks whilst I got my dads genes with my long dark brown hair and honey brown eyes. The only thing she took after I was my sarcasm.

Which often got her into trouble.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes walking into my room and throwing myself on to my bed then shoving my face in my pillow as I yelled "FUCK", to my pillow frustratedly.

I guess that helped me fall asleep because a few minutes later, I was out.

****

My phone rang loudly making me jolt awake and I groaned at having my sleep rudely interrupted.

Scowling at my phone whilst picking it up to check who it was.

Of course, it was Jay, who else would it be? It's not like I have a bundle of friends eagerly waiting for me to hang with them.

Jay had been my best friend since as far as I could remember. We went through everything together literally, from when I first broke my arm— (Tyler's fault by the way). To when I got my first kiss, puberty, my first period which by the way freaked us both out.

I remember screaming and crying to him telling him that I was dying and when he saw the blood on the floor he began screaming with me then he pauses and asks, "Where are you bleeding from?" He's panting as he stares at me wide-eyed.

I blush embarrassed and whisper, "my coochie".

"Your what?" He asks and I move my head down to where the blood has soaked my shorts and dripped down to the floor.

"Oh oh oh", his eyes widen even more.

"Wait are you pregnant?" He whispers.

"No... I don't think so... Wait am I?" I stare at him even more freaked out than before.

We stare at each other in silence before we both begin screaming at the top of our lungs which leads to our mothers running in and well... Long story short I found out what a period was, let's leave it at that.

We'd been through everything together and although he was the hot popular guy in our school who everyone wondered why the hell would hang around a no one like me, he was my best friend, my rock and the love of my life (In a best friend kind of way).

"You just woke me up from a dream I was having about Lucien Lavinscount, so whatever you've got to tell me HAS got to be good", I tell him dryly as I pull myself up and rub my eyes yawning in the process.

"Someone woke up grumpy", he replies chuckling.

"Well maybe that's because someone kept snoring the whole of last night meaning I couldn't sleep", I roll my eyes as I get up grabbing my bathrobe and walking to the bathroom.

Jay laughs again, "Sorry grumpy, but are you up for a romantic stroll in the park and then a movie night before we have to go back to school tomorrow".

"With you? Anything", I reply dramatically before laughing.

"That's why we're best friends and I'm ditching a party to hang with you instead".

"Oh, that's such an honour now shut up so I can take a quick shower and meet you in 30, oh and by the way thanks for giving me the heads up that your brother was back you douche", I roll my eyes again as I turn the shower head-on.

"Are you still in love with my brother, c'mon Winter that kiss was centuries ago", he teases.

"WE DID NOT KISS. I head-butted him remember now stop talking about this I don't want to think about how embarrassing that was", I cringe at the memory.

"Oh and no I'm not in love with your brother Jay now bye", I cut the phone before he could even get another word in and step into the hot shower.

So what do you guys think so far? What's gonna happen....? And what do you think of the characters? Don't forget to comment on what you think of any questions and as always VOTE for my chapters if you enjoyed them. (COTE ME)

Marwa ❤️