Chapter 30- Cameron

*ping*

*ping, ping*

The annoying beeping sound of my iphone makes me stop the work i am doing to grab the phone and see who was texting me. No scratch that, who was distracting me from trying to finish this assignment of mine before the end of the day.

C- I'm really excited for our date tonight :)

I pause blinking a couple of times when I stare at Camerons text message. Shit, shit holy shit. I had forgotten, Cameron hadn't even crossed my mind and neither did the fact I had a date with him in two hours.

Ugh, I was such a horrible human being for forgetting.

Winter girl. You have a hot amazing guy waiting to take you out and what do you do? You forget? My subconscious mind was literally scolding me like I was a three year old child.

But Tyler.. It was like there was an angel on the right side of my shoulder trying to tell me not to forget I had admitted to myself that I loved Tyler.

Ugh. Winter that's selfish on both you and Cameron. You're leading the guy on. Stop it whilst you have the chance—

Well, you never know. This date could turn out great you party pooper.

Of course where there is an angel there would always also be a devil, that was on the left side of my shoulder and she, she was screaming at me to screw Tyler and get Cameron because like I always told myself even if I was in love with Tyler, it would never happen.

So spare us the fucking torture, the left subconscious part of my mind says, I could feel her roll her eyes at me.

So I texted him back.

W- See you soon, handsome x

I grin before placing my phone back on the table and stare at the scattered work sheets all over the desk. This was a first, not completing my work on time and getting easily distracted.

I promised myself I'd do it when I get home no matter how exhausted I was so I'd have tomorrow which was Sunday which would be my proper rest day. I mean my shoulder and ankle needed the rest and I kind of wondered how I would be cope with my ankle still hurting.

No pain, no gain I guess.

I scurried through my cupboard frowning. I wasn't a dress kind of girl and all my outfits consisted of jeans and hoodies but I pause raising an eyebrow when I see an unfamiliar outfit and pull it out to examine it.

Oh, thank god.

I stared at the maroon dress and high waisted boots that Jessica had insisted on me buying for the after party. At least I had something to thank Jessica for now.

But let's not forget some stretchy gym shorts underneath— incase anything happened and I had to run for my life.

I smile when I pull the dress on and gaze at myself in the mirror. I straightened my hair  and attempted to put some makeup on— figuring that mascara, some blush and maroon lipstick would be enough.

*ping*

I check my phone.

C- I'm outside

W- be right there.

I grab my purse and quickly pull on my boots wincing at the slight pain in my ankles.

Again Winter, no pain no gain I remind myself.

Opening the door I flash Cameron a wide smile. I was excited and this kind of surprised me— I had kissed boys before in the past well three to be exact but I'd never actually been on a date.