Chapter 16- Algebra

"I don't get this shit man. Who the fuck invented algebra and why? Why do they have to over complicate things? WHY did someone think it was NECESSARY to put letters with number and add them up?" Jay throws his pen across the table frustratedly as he stared at the equation like it was written in some sort of gibberish. His face had turned a shade of red and he continuously mumbled curses under his breathe until he sighed in defeat and leant back in his seat.

"Honestly, I have no idea. What I do know is that you have an algebra test coming up so you've got to try and understand this. I'm going to explain again and this time listen", I smile at Jay feeling slightly sorry for him. I knew he had a hard time with this subject and it wasn't that he wasn't clever, he was. However, algebra was not his strong suit.

I pointed at the equation on the book and began explaining step by step how to figure the answer out. Thirty minutes later, he began getting the hang of it and was scribbling down the answers. He had his concentration face on and it was the most cutest thing I had ever seen. I always teased him about it, the way he furrowed his eyebrows and slowly scanned the questions nibbling on his bottom lip whilst he tried to figure out how to answer it. His cheeks would have a slight tint of redness whenever he was irritated and without thinking I reached and squeezed them.

"Ow. Dude what was that for?" He rubs his cheeks and I laugh at his expression.

"Sorry you just have the most squeezable cheeks I couldn't help myself", I grin when he rolls his eyes at me.

"I'm done anyway", he sighs before handing me the paper so I could check his answers. For me it's quick as I'm good at maths so I scan the page and grin in approval feeling like a proud mother.

"See that wasn't so hard was it?"

"Actually it was hard. It might have killed the remainder of my brain cells", he jokes tapping on his head, "but thanks Winnie. What would I do without you?" He flashes me a grin and I grin back.

"You'd probably end up homeless not gonna lie", I tease.

He grabs the nearest pillow and whacks me in the head with it making me squeal aloud before I fall in fits of laughter.

"Oh by the way I have a football practice in an hour then I'm meeting Jessica for a date".

"So you're actually really into her?" I raise an eyebrow standing up and laying on top of his bed.

Jay follows me and does the same thing smiling.

"Yeah I've never actually felt like this before. It's kind of weird", he confesses.

"Yeah because your normal idea of dating is being with three people at the same time", I tease.

"That was the past. Eh. But... I guess I really like her", he shifts uncomfortably and I pull myself up watching him.

"Can't believe the famous Jay Wyatt is whipped".

"Shut up", he rolls his eyes but chuckles.

"Has your opinion changed about her?" He looks at me studying me. Jay knew me very well he knew when I was lying and he knew when I was telling the truth so I sat there thinking about the question.