Chapter 8- Lasagna

It was finally lunch and I was eager to go grab some food so I grabbed my books, put my headphones in and walked out of the Biology classroom.

Mr P also known as Mr Penizuela but P in short had already given us an assignment and although I sighed at the thought of countless homework being given on the first day of school that wouldn't change the fact that I would do it and get it done a-soon as I got home like I usually did.

I stepped into the canteen and towards the line studying the menu. They had lasagne today so I inhaled the scent deeply, my mouth watering as I licked my lips hungrily and yes I knew it was just school food but for Solano high the food was amazing.

Also I was hungry as hell.

When I finally had my food I walked outside towards the bleachers and sat there awkwardly alone. Although I was used to being alone that didn't make it any less easier but I shook the feeling of loneliness away and began slowly eating the lasagna.

I took out To Kill A Mockingbird and began reading whilst munching away until—

I couldn't even process what had just happened except my face was in a lot of pain and there was lasagna splatted all over my white school shirt.

"Ow", I rubbed my face and stood up fuming staring at my book which was also covered in food.

"No no no", I'm worried now as I begin to try to rub the sauce off the page I had just been reading.

Could this day get even worse?

"Shit are you okay Winter?", I hadn't even thought about where the soccer ball had came from until Tyler came running up the bleachers towards me.

"Are you serious right now Tyler. You just ruined my school shirt and to make matters worse. The book Miss Riley gave us to read for our assignment is NOW RUINED", I'm angry right now, so angry I could literally hit someone.

In my mind though, not physically because I wasn't a physically aggressive person.

However I could be verbally aggressive and I wanted to be at this very moment.

"Okay back up. Why do you just automatically assume I'm the one that hit you with the ball?", he looks irritated now before turning his head.

"This punk right here did", he says pointedly as Cameron Sutton sheepishly steps from behind him.

I hadn't even noticed he was here in the first place.

"I actually just made him come and apologise for being a dick and not knowing how to aim properly", he says dryly.

I feel terrible for assuming it was Tyler and I look at him wide eyed.

"Yeah listen Winter I'm sorry it was an accident I'll get you a new shirt and book", his pretty blue eyes look remorseful and I can't seem to stay angry at him anymore.

Instead I admire his pretty face and the way his arms were perfectly builded—

Snap out of it girl.

"It's okay, accidents happen I now know not to sit here eating my lunch when you're playing", I joke before cracking a smile.