Chapter 29- The Monroe's

I slipped the key inside the lock, twisting it in and hearing the click of the door unlock before pushing the door open and limping inside with Tyler's arm around my shoulder to keep me steady so I wouldn't clumsily fall on my face.

My mum is at my side straight away with a distraught look on her face as she helps Tyler get me inside and onto the sofa.

"The school called me and told me there had been a fight at the school and you'd gotten hurt I was going to leave but they told me you were being brought back home", she kneels on the ground to look at me her hands on my cheeks as she studies my injuries.

"Mum I'm fine just a bruised shoulder and ankle but I'll live", I feel slightly embarrassed because Tyler awkwardly stands there watching my mum analyse me.

"Who the hell did this to you baby?" She asks me and I try to come up with some sort of lie which is really hard for me because I never really lied to my own mother.

"Uhm... That would be my fault", Tyler blurts  out quickly and my mum turns to look at him like she had only just acknowledged his presence at this precise moment.

She stands up and marches towards him angrily.

"What does that mean?" She demands crossing her arms together. My mother was very protective over me and Bailey and if I ever told her about some stupid bitch in school that made my life a misery aka Jessica she would hate them forever. When she was pissed off she was not to be messed with and she looked very unimpressed now.

I seriously wouldn't want to be in Tyler's shoes right now.

"The fight was between me and this other guy. Winter tried to stop us and before we even noticed her we charged towards each other and she happened to be rugby tackled to the ground in the process", he looks sheepishly at me scratching his head nervously.

"YOU RUGBY TACKLED MY DAUGHTER?" She yells and I wince.

Oh boy.

"I am so sorry Mrs Monroe. If you want to punch me right now you have every right to do so", he gulps looking down at her fists which were clenched tightly to the point they'd turned so white and she moves her fists closer making Tyler close his eyes shut ready for the impact.

Instead, mum cracks up loudly clapping her hands towards her mouth as she fell in a hysterical fits of laughter.

Tyler opens one eye then opens his other eye looking completely bewildered at my mums giggling.

The sight made me grin because I knew very well that although my mother was scary at times she couldn't even hurt a fly let alone punch Tyler.

"Okay now I believe you're sorry. He's a keeper sweetie", she turns to look at me and her comment makes my cheeks flame in embarrassment.

"Mum. Never gonna happen", I moan.

"Are you sure you're okay sweetie?" ignoring my reply and looking worriedly at me so I nod my head giving her a reassuring smile.

The door opens and Bailey runs into the room and when she sees me she lunges at me giving me a very tight hug.

"Aghhh", I yell out in pain but grit my teeth as I hug my little sister back.

"Hey Bebe", I whisper into her blonde curls taking in the subtle smell of strawberry shampoo.

"I missed you Winnie", she confesses squeezing me tighter.

"Missed you too", I smile feeling happy. I loved my little sister with every breath of my beating heart and I really had missed her sarcasm.