Chapter 22- Win OR Lose

The forest was vibrant with colours that showed off the autumn weather. The pretty leaves had golden orange flecks and they smoothly fell from the branch's of the tree making there way down to the ground.

I was completely aware that each step I took forward caused the crispy leaves to crunch beneath my feet but besides that sound all I heard was the chirping of the birds singing blissfully to each other and the ruffling movements of whatever animal this home belonged too.

Where the hell were Tyler and Coco. I scanned the area thoroughly eager to take my next shot and win this game. I guess Carter wasn't the only competitive one and I grinned as I remembered his annoyed expression when I had shot him with the paintball gun.

I hear a loud shot fired and spin around ducking behind a tree.

"Aghhh screw you Tyler", Coco yelled stomping her feet dramatically whilst Tyler chuckles triumphantly leaning the gun on his shoulders as she huffed at the yellow paint splattered all over her.

"Maybe next time Coco", he grins at her and she rolls her eyes mumbling whatever before walking away. I should have used her as an advantage to shoot him and win but I knew he wasn't stupid enough to leave himself unguarded. I watched as he scanned the place trying to figure out where he was and by the confident expression on his face he walked forward whistling with his gun pointed ready to shoot.

The position I was hiding behind didn't give me a clean shot so I stepped forward and that was my mistake because the twig beneath me snapped making him whip around quickly scanning the direction I was in. All I could do now was hide behind the tree and pray that he wouldn't figure where I was out.

"I'm impressed", I hear his footsteps approaching me. They were getting closer and closer and my heart race began beating even faster, adrenaline kicking in. My breathing had  quickened rapidly as I held the paint ball gun protectively to my chest.

"But then again, I never did underestimate you", he continued walking the crunching of leaves grew closer.

I had to think fast and whatever I did at this very moment would decide whether I would beat Tyler or not.

Fuck it. I span around shooting directly at him the paintball firing straight towards his chest but before I realise the same had been done to me and the paint exploded on my chest and splattered on my mask leading me to accidentally trip and fall to the ground.

Ow. Shit these paint balls did hurt after all.

I look up at him before breaking out in uncontrollable fits of laughter.

What had even happened?

It has been such a blur.

"So I guess we both won?" He pulls off his paint ball mask and I do the same and he grins at me proudly before walking towards me and reaching his hand out.

"Is that even aloud in this game", he pulls me up from the ground and we're now extremely close his soft brown orbs look down at me and he smiles.

"I don't know but if we do have a rematch I won't make the mistake of letting you win", he looks down at his chest and touches the red paint that was splattered all over the suit before moving his finger and rubbing the paint on my cheek.

"Don't get cocky Tyler", I scowl at him rubbing my cheek.

"Do you want me to shoot you in the nuts?" I joke and he raises his hands up in surrender .

"I'd prefer not to lose my masculinity thank you very much", he sarcastically replies rolling his eyes.

"I don't think there was much of that to big with" , I teasingly say and he scowls at me before quickly grabbing me and throwing me on his shoulders before I could even exclaim aloud.

"Put me down douche", I yell smacking his back but his grip remains firm chuckling whilst walking towards the exit.

"I will legit smack your ass right now", I threaten which only makes him laugh aloud even more.

"Is that your excuse to touch my butt? I mean if you wanted to, you could have just asked", he was so annoying and I huffed irritatedly whilst trying to struggle out of his grip.

That's when it hits me that i was still holding the gun so I automatically shoot his foot with the paint ball gun and he yells aloud halting.

I then shoot his foot again and then the back of his calf and he curses aloud loses his balance making us both of us fall to the ground.

OW.

I hadn't thought of the fact that if I hurt him he would drop me too and I would also get hurt in the process and when we fell it was at an awkward position where my chest was on his face. My face planted on the ground, and his hands had managed to grab my ass.

I pull myself up still sitting on top of him whilst he glares up at me.

"What was that for?"

"That was for picking me up without my permission ".

"Did you not think that you would hurt yourself in the process".

"Not really".

"You just drive me crazy Winter".

"You're welcome".

"Are we going to remain in this position or are you going to get off of me?"

I stare down at him before quickly pulling myself up and taking a step back so he could stand up.

"That was the worst area to shoot me in", he groans rubbing his calf in pain before shaking his head bemusedly.

"Do you want me to kiss it better for you", I sarcastically tease not feeling the slightest bit bad for shooting him.

Tyler steps towards me leaning in very closely. I could feel his warm breath on my face as his eyes lingered down my lips, "How about you kiss something else?"

"What?" I whisper in confusion my heart was racing a hundred miles per hour as he intensely looked at me.

Was what I was thinking actually going to happen?

"My ass, douche", his eyes gleamed and a wicked smirk formed on his lips, my cheeks flames in pure embarrassment and shock. I felt like a complete and utter idiot.

That was definitely not what I was expecting.

Then again, why was I even surprised. I'm sure I said it plenty of times to my self.

It was never going to happen.