Chapter 9- Moron

The week had gone past quickly and I had been swarming in assignments and home work.

Luckily, it was finally Friday and I had already begun to finish most of them so I didn't have to stress about it during the weekend.

That was one habit of mine that I had, if I ever got assignments whether it being Monday or Thursday I'd try to complete it on the same day it was given to me so I could have the weekend free.

Anything I hadn't done, I would catch up and get it done by Friday.

My face had began to heal and I couldn't believe I was saying this but thanks to Jessica any subtle mark left was covered by the concealer she had generously given to me.

Maybe I'd ought to spend time giving myself makeovers and dolling myself up like Jessica did. Would I then become popular and the most admired and envied girl at school?

Honestly, the thought didn't appeal to me so much.

Popularity in some cases made you unrecognisable to the world and yourself. I didn't want that to ever happen to me.

Ha. I made myself laugh, not like that was ever gonna happen.

Those three words brought me back to Tyler. How he had come to check up on me and I had rudely accused him of being the one who had accidentally hit me with the ball.

I was so stupid, jumping into conclusions like that.

That's not all that bothered me, it was the fact that even though I repeatedly said to myself me and him were never going to happen and the obvious fact that I didn't like him anymore I couldn't help but be curious about who he had written a love letter too?

It couldn't have been to me obviously because as I recall he had brother zoned me.

But who had stolen Tyler Wyatt's heart? And why did I feel a pang of jealousy when I thought about it.

My phone rang loudly on my table breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Jay, what's up?"

"Hey Winnie nothing much I'm just getting prepared".

"Prepared for what?"

"Jessica's party, you were invited remember?"

Shit. After leaving the bathroom on Monday I hadn't thought about Jessica's invite at all because I hadn't planned on going.

Parties weren't my thing at all.

"I'm not coming", I sigh ready to hear the tantrum and rant Jay was going to give me any second...

Now.

"WINTER MONROE YOU ARE COMING TO THE PARTY. If it means I have to come there and drag you here myself I will. You know I will".

"I don't do parties and you know that", I whine.

"I don't care, you were invited by my girlfriend and you being the amazing best friend you are, are not going to DITCH me. Remember how many times I ditched parties for you? Now it's time for you to return the favour instead of binge watching on Jane the virgin".

"Hey don't hate on the show".

"I'm pretty sure studies show if you watch that show you too, will forever be a virgin. You might also get pregnant like Mary and be called Winter the virgin".

"FINE. For the love of god if I come to the party will you shut the hell up?"

"Probably not Winnie but I'm so glad you're coming", I could sense him smiling through his teeth.

"You need to let loose Winnie, live a little like I know you want to focus on your studies but you got to have a little fun every once in a while".

Your version of fun is on a weekly basis. Also I do have fun, algebra is fun".

"That's because I'm a cool, popular jock who has a reputation to uphold".

I roll my eyes, typical cocky Jay.

"I just have one problem", I mutter feeling embarrassed.

"Come over here and Jessica will help you out with what you're doing to wear", it was even more embarrassing to know that he knew what the problem was.

"You're pushing your luck", I roll my eyes again at the thought of Jessica giving me a makeover.

Oh the irony of this all.

"See you in 15 minutes", he cuts the phone before I can even reply or shout at him.

I'm gonna so punch him in his stupid ass face the next time I saw him.

Which would be in a couple of minutes.

I sighed grabbing my back pack regretting my decision to let him guilt trip me in going to the party.

A month ago if you had told me that I would be going to Jays house so that Jessica would help me look for a dress to wear/ help me with makeup and what not and be going to Jessica Mitchell's party at the same time I would have laughed in your face like you were some kind of moron.

And here I was, stepping outside the house to go and do just that.

OMG. What did you think of this chapter??? Let me know in the comments below and oh yeah don't forget to COTE ME. (Comment and vote)

Marwa ❤️