Chapter 23- Indenial

"Look at the two of you", Coco winks mischievously as me and Tyler walked back into the room together. They had all changed back into there normal outfits and had been standing there watching the two of us finish the game from the large flat screen TV.

"What was even more amusing than the whole entire game besides the part of you shooting lots of paint balls at Jessica which can I say made my year was when you shot Tyler's foot. His expression was priceless", Chase snickers.

It hadn't occurred to me that they had seen that part which makes me flush deeply.

"That wasn't funny that shit hurt like hell and if I bruise I'm going to disown you", Jessica glowers at me and crosses her arms together, tapping her foot still clearly butt hurt from what had happened.

I don't speak instead my lips curl into a smile at the memory, revenge was bitter sweet.

"Let's not forget the part that his hands accidentally managed to grab your booty in the process", Jacob pokes fun at Tyler but I can feel my cheeks flame even more.

"Okay that was an accident you idiot", Tyler pulls a face.

"Accident", scoffs Carter clearly not believing him.

"Well I thought there was going to at least be a kiss in the end but Tyler here was being a pussy. I mean now I have to pay Carter 20 dollars", Mateo complains.

I open my mouth to speak but close it again looking at Mateo then at Carter giving them both a perplexed look.

"Why do you have to pay Carter 20 dollars?" I finally say.

"Well I said to Carter that Tyler would kiss you and he said that it wouldn't happen so we betted on it and it turns out he was right", he sighs shrugging his shoulders like he was saying oh well.

"Oh my god. We weren't ever gonna kiss. I just shot him in the leg so he learnt his lesson not to pick me up without my permission", The squad don't seem convinced instead the all look at me bemusedly like they were sharing some type of inside joke that I was not a part of.

"I think it's cute how you guys both are in denial of your feelings and are trying to hide them from everyone else", Vanessa teases and I raise my eyebrow at her comment.

"Well. If I ever did have feelings for anyone. You all will be the first to know because I'd confess them instead of sneakily doing things behind your backs".

Shots fired.

She knew exactly what I meant.

Yeah I know it was harsh and I had no right to get involved with her relationship between Mateo but she out of everyone couldn't tell me that I was in denial and tried to hide my feelings in front of everyone. Because that's exactly what she was doing.

The smile on her face disappears and she glares at me instead before looking down at the ground not commenting.

"Hand it over", Carter opens his hands and Mateo reluctantly hands him the 20 dollars.

"Guess foods on Carter", Jay jumps in enthusiastically which gets him a high five from Mateo.

"Okay I don't feel that bad about handing him the money anymore".

"You all have your own money so don't try and steal mine", Carter shakes his head chuckling.

"I can't believe we drew though", I finally laugh.

"You did good", Chase high fives me.

"I could have so won if it wasn't for Carter sneaking up on me", Jacob scoffs.