twenty six

"it's so loud!" niall yelled.

it was quite loud.

they were on the helicopter, way high up in the air. after five hours of training, five long hours in which an instructor told them exactly how to do everything, they were finally on the helicopter. harry felt like he was about to hurl, he really did. the sound of the helicopter's wings spinning was incredibly loud, causing harry's ears to pound. his stomach dropped every time he looked at the ground, which was so far away. louis was holding his hand. but louis' hand was sweaty, and it was shaking. 

overall, louis looked so excited yet miserable. his eyes were bloodshot, his whole body was shaking. 

and every time harry looked at him, he flashed back to louis downing all those pills, crying as he gulped down the water.

but that's not what they were here for. they were here to jump off the dreaded helicopter and pop up their parachutes. they were here to have fun.

so harry took a deep breath, squeezing louis' hand tighter and trying not to burst into tears. doing this just added to his stress. any minute the helicopter could break, he could fall off the edge, he could...

"harry! you ready!?" liam shouted over the pounding wings, a crazy big grin on his face. he looked ready to go, as he was constantly looking over the edge and letting out whoops, pumping his fist in the air.

"yeah," harry lied, a fake smile on his face.

"you wanna jump here!?" the instructor yelled, squinting his eyes against the wind blowing against all of them. they all nodded. well, except for harry. he just held in a gag and grabbed the pole near him so tightly his knuckles were white.

 and then they were all strapping their parachutes on, the tightening of belts and velcro sounding throughout the small helicopter. harry was aware of louis' eyes on him as they all prepared to jump. his blue eyes looked so bright blue, so bright blue just like the sky and his hair was flying everywhere, blowing in his eyes and across his forehead.

overall, he looked so freaking beautiful but that didn't matter, because he had just betrayed harry, again, and even though he looked beautiful he also looked so sick, like the motion and noise was finally getting to him.

the instructor claimed he was going to jump last, and just that made harry's heart tremor in his chest. he was going to jump, whether he wanted to or not, and the regret for even letting the other boys talk him into this grew larger.

"i'll go first!" niall yelled, his eyes gleaming with excitement, his blonde hair flying up so you could see the brown roots underneath. "and i want zayn to go with me."

zayn looked a less excited, even a bit fearful. but, he listened intently as the person told them the instructions for the hundredth time, demonstrating how to open their parachutes and what positions they needed to go in.

and a few minutes later, after tons of hollers and screeching, harry's two best friends hopped off the helicopter, squawks of surprise escaping their lips before disappearing into the cool air of the sky. another instructor followed behind them, and harry could barely see them link hands before they practically vanished.

"louis?" liam looked at the oldest boy hopefully, biting his lips and clinging to the straps on his shoulders. "you wanna jump with me?"

louis looked torn. "i think i wanna go with harry."

"you can all three go together, you know," the instructor pointed out, gesturing his hands at the three of them before motioning into the bright sky.