Chapter Twenty-One : The First Touch : Evangaline

**Hey hey all, first I'm really really excited with the numer of reads and votes I have for this story! If you're reading this then I mean you and I am giving you a mental hug. Anyway, I have a little problem, which is that I dont think that medival dictionaries included some of the things this chapter... And rest of the story... Will include... So just pretend that its totally normal and enjoy the story :)  <3 Kira

Whatever cruel joke this was, I was almost buying it. Why was she kissing me? I'm not saying I dont love the feeling of her touch or her lips, but why? Why now? Why me? Why here? Why, why , why, why, why?! I dont care.

Rikhata pulled me in closer, almost jerking me into motion, my hand sliped from her arm to her leg, sliding over her thigh to the wood of the tree we were on. She shivered at the contact. With my weight shifted, I felt less stable, so I was forced to pull away, instantly I longed for her back. She looked at me with fear, guilt, worry, and passionate yearning.

"I-I-" she stammered. "I didnt mean- I thought you wouldnt- I'm sorry" she blushed and looked away. She looked so different, so much so that I wasnt going to tell her why until I was satisfied in seeing her look to... Open.

"Can you help me down?" I tried to sound like I wasnt dying to repeat that kiss. She forced a smile and nodded. She jumped down and held her arms out to catch me. I fell and she held me by my waist, her touch was indescribable and addicting. My hands were on her shoulders, but they relocated to her face. She looked surprised for a moment. "I wanted to make sure we wouldnt fall out of the tree" I smiled playfully, leaning in and kissing her. She relaxed, wrapping her arms fully around me. I ran my hands through her hair, then began tracing the contours of her face, memorizing them with my fingers. Rikhata's lips left me, and I instantly tried to bring them back until I felt her touch them to the corner of my jaw. I let my head roll back to give her more access. She kissed under my jaw, right at the start of my neck. I was completely unprepared for the sensation and let out an unrestricted moan. I felt my face heat up like I'd made some huge mistake, maybe I did, this was new to me. Rikhata laughed on my skin, bringing the desire to make the noise again, this time I swallowed it. Rikhata slowly let me down to my feet, so she was back to towering over me. Part of me loved that she was almost twice my size, and part of me wanted to be even with her. Either way I lo-liked her. A lot... 

Rikhata let her arms slip off my waist. I wanted her touch back, and I was about to ask why she'd gone, but her hands then cupped my face gently, carefully.

"Would you be my girlfriend?" Rikhata whispered, her face actually showing some degrees of anxiety. "I get it if you say no..." She looked to the ground, color flooding her face. I loved seeing her like this, almost as much as I loved seeing her happy. 

"Yes" I said with the same quiet tone. I shakily touched my hands to her waist. She was mine, right? I was allowed to touch her... I hope. She didnt seem to mind. She turned back up to look into my eyes, and I looked into hers. Hypnotic icy blue with silvery shards near the center, and deeper sapphire on the boarder. She pulled me closer and kissed me slowly, with delecate care. I hugged her waist, drawing our bodies closer. Her scent flooded me, no different than the last time she'd let me in. When she'd told me she didnt hate me. Look at us now... If I could go back and see who I'd been, face to face, what would she think of me? I dont care, all there is now it me and Rikhata, the scent of wildflowers, field, woods and fresh water. One of her arms fell to her side, her fingers touched mine, weaving themselves between my own and holding our hands tightly together. She pressed her forehead to mine, leaving a small space between our lips. 

"I need you, Evangaline" she breathed onto my lips, the warmth sending shivers through my body. Every touch, every breath, every look she sent me made my heart race and importance fill me, like I was the only one she saw, the only thing she felt, the only reason her breath kept gliding over my skin. She made me feel warm when all my life had been cold and alone, her arms kept me safe and her presence protected me. "Thank you. Thank you for staying here for me, for not giving up on me, for being here now" I didnt know what to say, and even if I had, my voice had left me long ago. 

I could stay here with her forever, no disturbances, nothing but us. Though forever always seems to end. Rikhata suddenly stumbled forward onto me, almost knocking us to the ground. 

"Sorry!" she exclaimed, backing away from me. Behind her I noticed the foal from earlier. Rikhata turned and said something to it that I couldnt understand. The foal bit at the air and clicked its teeth, cmmunicating in some way to Rikhata. I felt awkward, just standing here, so I cautiosly came up behind Rikhata and wrapped my arms around her waist. I had to stand on my toes for my chin to be able to rest on her shoulder. She was surprised for a moment, but relaxed after taking a look to make sure it was me. 

"Sorry, I... She asked how long we'd be staying... And she wishes we could stay" I regarded the little horse with sympathy. She wasnt old, barely able to walk without stumbling, and already I knew she was going to grow into a strong creature. I'd been in the stables and seen foals before, none had the same wildness this one had, the blood that had lasted for countless generations that had needed to survive in the wild. She was nothing you'd find in a barn. 

"If she has no one why does she stay here?" I asked RIkhata, assuming the horse couldnt understand me.

"She has no where else to go" Rikhata replied after a quick converse. 

"She could come back with us" I muttered.

"Are you sure your mother would let us?"

"I have no doubt" I smiled, RIkhata mirrored my action, surrounding my waist with one arm and giving me a kiss. Neither of us wanted to rush our relationship, I could tell RIkhata was still recovering, and I was so worried I'd mess up. I was so nervous around her, so in need of her being close that I didnt want to move a step forward and risk two steps back.

"You are amazing" Rikhata put her other hand on my waist and turned to face me, our lips still connected. My arms hung around her neck. I felt something touch my lips, then ran over my bottom lip. The contact made me take in a sharp breath, which RIkhata took as an invitation to slip her tongue into my mouth. I was in no way going to stop her, only atempt to figure out what I was supposed to do. I groaned again, now knowing that it was coming, but finding no need to resist. She laughed into the kiss, tickling my mouth.

Something moved in the forest. A sudden blur lept out of the flora and stood in plain view, eyes wide and braced for a fight. RIkhata noticed and broke our kiss.

"Oh god, this cant be good" she sighed at her dragon.

**I feel like I totally made this whole thing anticlimactic... Well, like I said, the book isnt over so ya'll got more to look forward to :)