Chapter Five : The Ritual : Evangaline

After an afternoon spent making me look like an angel I was now sitting on a stage in a special arena only for the royal ceremonies. There is still an arena, but it is not like the other. The one here is covered with sand whereas the other is just mud. But for this occasion there is a small platform in the center of it. I do not know why yet. 

"Come the Northern Kingdom!" An announcer shouted, followed by a blare of trumpets. A parade of maybe thirty men came out of the arena gates, bearing flags marked with a sword. 

"Come the Southern Kingdom!" A different announcer, followed by a different anthem of trumpets. Another band of thirty came marching, their flags decorated with a dove. 

"Come the Western Kingdom!" A third announcer and anthem. Again thirty came, now flags with a gear.

"Welcome to the Eastern Kingdom, where tonight princess Evangaline will begin her crowning ceremony and before the week is dead she will be promised a suitor. This generation, however, will not offer a Guardian from the Eastern Kingdom, due to an unexpected turn of events you will hear later. Now Kingdoms North, South, and West will put forth their suitors" the announcers said. Two men stepped up from each parade. From the North were two very muscular men, more so than even Rikhata, and blood thirsty eyes. From the South came two gentle looking men, cloaked with fine blue and purple robes, and from the West were two men stained with black and burned all over. They began a long process of telling everyone what each kingdom represented. North was strength and power, South was peace and respect, West was technology and knowledge, and my kingdom, East, was nature as well as justice. There was a long story of war and bla but I was too busy examining my potential loves. None of them were as irritantly alluring as Rikhata, nor did they hold my eyes captive the way she would. Why am I comparing them to her! She is... Female, to say the least. What got my eyes was when the unicorn from earlier came out, held by none other than the devil herself.

"The Eastern Wildling Guardian" an announcer shouted, a roar came up from the crowd. Rikhata was wearing a full suit of armor so I dont know how she reacted. She drew her sword and sent the audience into a din. What she did next chilled me to the core. She drove the blade through the unicorn's chest with such percision and strength the beautiful creature died instantly. Everyone cheered. Everyone but me. I was horrified. I knew Rikhata was bad but not that bad... How could she kill such a creature! She pulled the blade from the unicorn's body, wiping it on her hand and holding it up to show the unicorn's blood. I was this close to throwing up. She walked off stage and I was too busy trying to understand what had happened to listen to what was being said. What got my focus was when I heard Rikhata's name again.

"After the passing of the former Wildling's Spirit, we introduce the Spirit of Rikhata-Nia, the East's current Wildling and the first female of her kind" what? A mixed reaction was stirred. The the world went silent. A thunderous roar echoed in the skies. A shadow darted over us. Then it decended. Many screamed, some hid, some ran. But when the dragon landed in the center of the arena and an armored figure glinted on it's back, the crowd realised what was going on and broke into uncontrolled cheer. Rikhata pulled off her helmet, threw it away and jumped off the dragon's back. It wasnt far, as the dragon was only one and a half times her height and maybe three times her length if you counded the long tail. The creature was black as night, with a sleek body, batlike wings, and an intelligent face, not human, but intelligent none-the-less. So if I got this right: Rikhata just killed a beautiful living thing and in return got a pet.... Devil or not she just passed the line.

**Another short chapter. The next one is promising to be long and exciting. Hope you guys can handle it >:) *insert eyebrow wiggle* JK but its gonna be good