Chapter Four : The Unicorn : Evangaline

Since burning the letter, I've been washing myself and making myself look perfect. Why is it that I must be driven to prove myself better than Rikhata? Maybe because she thinks she can put a spell on me and control me, so I want to prove her wrong. Maybe it is because she is tempting me and I want to show her I can do better than she. Compare her clashing features -as in her muscled body and delacate details- to my purely elegant beauty. Gold hair and lilac eyes, perfectly molded as a princess should be. And weak like any woman should be. A woman's duty is to her husband. It is her pourpose to love him, be his comfort and his humble servant. A woman should not be strong like Rikhata. A strong woman may protest man, and she may even fight. She is yet another sin closer to the devil. But my mother still persists in my treating her like a human. She isnt. No matter how good I am to her she is no human. 

"Rikhata" I muttered as I found her waiting for me outside her room. She'd changed into a beige shirt, leather-hide jacket, and more leather-hide pants. What is wrong with her? Aside from the obvious. No one dresses like that! Not even men! "What are you wearing?"

"Clothes. You have a problem with that, m'lady?" Rikhata gave me a hard look. I sly smirk tugging at the corner of her lips that I couldnt quite understand or find reason to.

"Respect your superiors, demon"

"I do. You are no superior to me simply because you think me low" Rikhata took a few steps closer until she was just a hair away from me. She stood a good foot over me and was rather intimidating. Why would she not be? There is a devil's heart in her. 

"I will have you taken out of my home" I threatened.

"And what? I can live of the street again. It has done me better than a castle has done you" Rikhata smirked. I just turned away and started towards the place of the final test. I lead Rikhata down a steep spiral staircase to a huge underground cavern known only to the Guardians, my mother, and me. This was the most pure and heavenly ground in my kingdom, and now a devil's presence was known to it. 

The cavern had a wide dome of a roof, etched in the stone were vines and plants that had snuck down to this world, and the floor of the cavern was covered in dense green grass unlike the town today. There was a path down the center that sloped down into crystaline water, illuminated by the gods of this place, for the water glowed without a source in this world. At the end of the long, winding road was a tree so old and large it could have fit my bedroom in it's trunk. A creature was resting in the protection of the plant. Rikhata said something in her witch's tongue and the creature woke, rising to its full magesty. A horse. Her pelt white as snow, her mane glistened like silver, and a golden horn pertruded from the crown of her head. I was drawn to it, walking forward as slowly as I could. Still the unicorn ran away from me, her mane rippled when the wind desturbed it. Rikhata laughed to herself.

"What is it now, demon?" I snapped. When I turned to her the unicorn was letting her stroke it's neck and back without fear. I wanted to take away her enticing grin, and the glimmering in her sky blue eyes. 

"You've met Cassiopia, I see" a new voice from behind the tree. Male. Older. Deep. It was the lead Guardian. "You must be the victor" the man showed himself, bowing to Rikhata, who smiled and bowed her head back, yet he made no motion to me. I cleared my throat. "Ah, princess. You must be honored to meet a female Wildling Guardian" I wanted to scream in his face.

"She is of the devil"

"Why is that your belief?"

"She kissed another girl. And the letter-"

"Letter?!" Rikhata whirled on me with fury. "What letter!"

"Even for a demon you behave as a pig" I smirked. Rikhata sent her arm out, I thought she was going to punch me, but instead the unicorn charged at me, holding the deadly tip of her horn to my throat.

"What letter?! Tell me or I swear on my life I will see you dead at my feet" Rikhata spat. The Guardian was doing nothing. What is he doing! He is supposed to support justice! He is supposed to show her I'm right! He should be protecting me!

"I burned it. I will not have the devil's stench in my home. No more than I must bear, demon" I glared at Rikhata. Her eyes flashed with hatred and the unicorn's head jerked into my side, knocking me to the ground before holding her horn to my chest, just above my heart. 

"You are filthy" Rikhata aimed a punch to my face. "How dare you burn my property!"

"I am the princess! The world is my property! I may destroy what I wish! It is not your decision to make!"

"Stop. I have seen enough" the Guardian finally spoke up. "I expect better from you, princess" he shook his head. "As for you, Wildling, you have impressed me"

"What!" I seethed. 

"Silence!" The Guardian answered. "Wildling, what you have done takes most life times to just understand. You have willed a creature to do your bidding, and no ordinary creature. Cassiopia is uncontrolable for most Wildling"

"What is a Wildling?" Rikhata asked.

"Every generation bears one who may inforce his, or her, will on others. They are known as the Wildling due to their tendancy to originate in forests. They are the highest of the Guardians in this Kingdom, as each kingdom has their own sort of high Guardian" the Guardian explained. No way. No. This devil is not special. She is not even normal. She shouldnt even be here. "Contrary, princess. This castle is just as much her birthright as it is your own" oh... I must have said that aloud.

"How can that be! I am royalty and she is less than the dirt on my floor. She is a criminal, a sin" I listed.

"Love is no sin" the Guardian hushed me. Why was it that the only folk who thought love was 'free' were my equals and superiors! The whole Kingdom would be at my side in burning the demon girl on a stake, as well as all her kind. 

"When it is for the other gender" I retorted.

"Or the same. You are young, princess. You do not understand. As for the Wildling, a special ceremony is to be for you. Princess, go to your mother and prepare for tonight. The Kingdom will witness you and the Wildling for the first time, as well you will be presented for the other kingdoms" the Guardian finished, waving me away and nodding at Rikhata to follow. I fliped my hair and stormed away. How dare they tell me the devil is my equal! I am far superior to her! I will show her she is wrong tonight. When I show her how much I love who I am married to she'll see that love is to be given to the other gender and to be determined by a superior, not by your own weak mind.

**Hey hey hey so I am going to have so much fun with the next two chapters! I think I'll have another eve one so you can see the amazing idea that poped into my brain before you see the strng pulling Rikki does while- well you'll have to keep reading ;)