Chapter Three : The Letter : Evangaline

Not only is the new Guardian a female, a devil-slave, but she is also a witch. Not to mention my mother choses to support her over me! My mother supports the devil over her own flesh and blood! Ugh! I want the girl gone. I want no more of this constant lust to be near her, or the sickening feeling she gives me. I want her bewitchments no more than I want a knife hanging over my head. These are the thoughts that exist while I guide Rikhata through my home. To think, an uninvited demon like her leaving her filthy presence in my house. The place I sleep, eat, drink, live is now haunted with her evil and impurity. 

"Here is your room. I'll be back to take you to your test before noon" I left Rikhata outside a set of doors where she'd stay. I walked down the long hall to my own room, where I found a neatly folded piece of parchment awaiting. I sighed and grabbed it, removing the wax from it's face and opening it to reveal messy writing that was just ledgible.

Rikki, I hope you get this soon. I am back at the camp and I do pray you get this letter. Laeal is sick so I am relying on a new bird to take this to you. I have fallen sick as well. I know you shouldnt take advantage of your victory, but mother says she does not have the money nor herbs to heal me. If you recieve this please help me. Mother trys not to show it but from her eyes I know she does not expect me to survive this. If I do not, know I love you and I hope you can find another that will make you happy. If I die I want to know you will mourn me, but you will know that I wish you to find another and be happy with her, even if I may not have you myself. If I do survive... I wish you the best either way. If I live I'll be able to tell you in person, for now I cannot leave the tent. I love you - Lilian

I threw the note down to the floor and stepped on it. How dare she pollute my home with her words of sinful and false love! Her sickness was not only in her body, but her mind. I hope she dies. One less devil to walk my world. I took the letter carefully with as little contact as possible, and threw it into the hearth, where it cracked and burned to nothing. I smiled. The thin amber stripe was raging towards the center of the letter, leaving the parchment gray and lifeless. There was no guilt nor regret in this action, only the desire for more to burn, and that aweful charm Rikhata had bestowed upon me.

** Hey I know this is short but its important for 1) the future story. 2) understanding the characters. And it may be a huge foreshadow but I guess you just get to experience the OMG IS THIS REALLY GONNA HAPPEN and OMG WHAT now :) hope ya'll are loving this and I'll be writing some more to make up for this short chapter. I think next chapter will be Eve too.