Chapter Eight : The Fable : Rikhata-Nia

**I think I'm going to have fun here since you readers know something riki does not. Sorry if I make you cry. Not really. If I make you cry it means I did a good job writing <3 your favorite writer ;)

First night in a castle... All I have to say is wow. I wish Lilian was here. Its so big and there are always noises. The bed is more comfortable than anything I've slept on in my life. Its kind of sad because I'm here thinking about all the small flaws, while my only family has to sleep on cold dirt. And now that I'm recovering from the ceremony, I know its not to her faults that Lilian was celebrating with the other spectators. She was supporting me. My thoughts were interupted when the doors to my room flew open, luckily I am used to waking up early so I was already dressed.

"I am going to regret this" wow. Maybe I'm not an early waker because Evangaline just said that. To me. Oh this is going to be a good dream. "You were right. As much as I hate saying it you were right. I thought about it last night" 

"I get the feeling its not the only thing" I looked at her face. Who are you and where is the snobby princess we all know and love? I joked dryly.

"You know?!" She gasped. I am officialy lost. 

"Yes" I lied.

"I'm sorry.... She shouldnt have done that.... Are you really fine?" I laughed. "So you're fine with it?"

"I lied. I have no idea what you're talking about. But it must be a hell of a deal" I smirked. Evangaline blushed "woah? Very serious" I mused as she glared at me.

"Its not a joke! And I cant tell you..."

"Oh?"

"Really. You wouldnt believe me" Evangaline shook her head. 

"Right now I'd believe anything" I wasnt lying there. She was... I dont know. I could see she was worried, and if it worried her for me, well, yesterday I was a demon. Evangaline was about to reply when her mother rushed into my room.

"Come quickly" her expression was dreary, and her tone grim, I followed without question. "The Northern Kingdom sailed off last night. One of the men who saw them boarding saw a girl he knew getting on the ship"

"Oh god..." Evangaline stopped dead in her tracks. 

"What is it?" The queen turned.

"I-I think I know who it was... I need to have a word with you. Alone" Evangaline had the queen follow her into a room, out of earshot. What is happening? There is definitely something big going on and it must have something to do with me, otherwise Evangaline wouldnt have been so different. When the two returned, Evangaline's eyes were red and swolen, and her mother was whispering to her with a sad appearence. 

"Rikhata, I know this will be hard to accept, but your Lilian is gone"  the queen put her hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I blinked. There was no way I heard her right.

"She left with the Northern ships last night. Evangaline said you'd left just before they came. I'm sorry" 

"And you believe her?" I choked "Lilian wouldnt leave. The Northerners may be strong but she is too. She would escape. Evangaline is trying to trick me" I folded my arms.

"Its true... And she wasnt taken... She went on her own will... For the-I'm sorry..." Evangaline stammered with a weak voice. I laughed.

"You think I'm stupid? Lilian wouldnt leave" I have to say, my heart ached at the thought that she' left after all these years. And on her own will.

"She left with the prince" Evangaline whispered. I gave her a disapointed look.

"Really? I cant believe you'd even think I am so dumb"

"Rikhata!" I heard the beating of wings and a loud call from the garden, then a black figure came running towards us. "Lilian! Lilian left! I saw her leave! She was on the largest ship! She was eating the man in the cabin with her!" I knew from experience that when Akyra said 'eating' it meant some form of kissing.

"Great now you're playing me too?! I cant believe all of you!" I raged. "She hasnt left! Stop with this stupid game!"

"Its not a game! I saw her on the bed with the man! They fired at me! I can show you!" Akyra spun and showed me her hide, where arrowheads were stuck in th gaps between her scales. 

"Fine! Keep thinking I'm convinced! I can prove you're wrong!" I spat "Describe them. Lilian and the man she was with"

"The prince... Red hair, muscular... And Lilian... Black hair, grey eyes... She had the Northern mark on a band around her arm, so did the prince" Evangaline whimpered.

"Tell me what you saw" I demanded Akyra.

"They had nothing on their bodies while in the cabin. The sword on the sail was on their arms before they went into the room. It was Lilian, and the red haired male from the ceremony that had a bite mark on his neck before he was in the room. I heard the ship leaving around midnight, while I was out flying, so I went and they were leaving. Lilian had your camp burned. As well as her mother" Akyra lowered her head "I tried to save her in time but she was chained to a stake in the fire, and the Northerners were trying to kill me"

"No. No. No. No" I choked. It hit me that there was no way that Evangaline and Akra could have planned this. Akyra never understood common tongue. "Please tell me its not true..."

"I'm sorry..." Evangaline whispered. She was crying. Why was she crying? Who cares?! Lilian abandoned me... She left me after I kept her safe for three years. What did I do wrong? Why did she have to end it like this? If she told me I would have been fine... She used me! She told me she loved me and she let me fall in love with her. And now... I cant even be mad at her because of what I thought we had. Some stupid naive part of me still wants her back. No all of me wants her back, but only some of me would let me take her, but not enough to make me try to get her back. I will learn to stop loving her, just as I learned to love her. But I know its not real. I will never stop. I would give anything to have my Lilian back, the one I trusted and knew would give her life to me. Now she is gone. 

"Rikhata... Not a good time.. I know... But... She is going to be queen... I saw them crown her..." Akyra muttered.

"Queen?" I hissed.

"Yes?" The queen took a step back.

"Not you. They're making her queen" I felt my eyes streaming with tears, but inside I was buring with fury. The North would pay for taking her. They killed an Eastern, that is enough to get a fight started. "She killed her mother, she betrayed me, and now she is going to be queen of the most powerful kingdom that exists"