Chapter 40

"Optimus!" The two shouted at the same time. "How are you both feeling?" He walks to the edge of Sunstreaker's berth, optics set on the two. "Better now." Sunstreaker stated, optics glancing at Nichole. "How are you feeling, Optimus?" Nichole asked. "I am doing well, Nichole. Thank you for asking." He gave her a light smile. Something the leader rarely does. "It's a good thing he woke up when he did. Otherwise we might not have been able to find you, Nichole." Diesel stood next to Optimus, Sideswipe next to his brother. "How did you find me?" All eyes are now on Optimus. "Primus told me right before I woke up, where you were, who had you and that the Opposium Cylinder is in the wrong hands." Prime explained. "So, you knew about it too?" She couldn't help but ask. "No, I did not until now. I still do not know much about it, just that we need to find it. And I know where it is." A tone Nichole recognized played in his voice. If he wasn't so disciplined, he might have smirked.

"Lets go get it!" Nichole jumped up, ready to get Kup back to normal. "Woah woah." Diesel hollered at her. "What now?" She whined. "You are not in any shape to go out and fight Decepticons." Diesel pointed out, making her pout. As she was about to speak up for herself, Sunstreaker cut her off. "You're not fighting Decepticons at all. I will not let you out of my sight ever again. I will not let you get hurt again. So, don't even think for a second, I will just let you waltz out of here and go battle. Frag No!" "Sunstreaker, I need to go with. I don't care what any of you say. I'm the only one that can reverse its effects." Her eyes glanced up at Optimus. "You know this don't you?" She asked with curiosity. All optics landed on Optimus. "That is correct." Diesel and Sunstreaker's mouths dropped and the three immediately started yelling at the Prime. "It isn't up for debate. She must come with." His baritone voice spoke above the three.

"Then I need to go too." Sunstreaker started to struggle, trying to get off the berth. "Sunny, you heard Ratchet, you're not up to par yet." Sideswipe pushed his brother back down. "I'm not letting her go alone." "She won't be alone. Diesel and I will be with her." Argued Sideswipe. "When do we leave?" Nichole asked walking down Sunstreaker and closer to Optimus. "At dawn. Lennox and the others are getting everything ready to depart in the morning." "I'll go help." She jumped down, not letting the others speak anymore. She walked out of the room, not looking back.

"Optimus, you can't be serious. She was just shot, she isn't ready for this." Diesel huffed. "Diesel, you know, just as much as I do. We need her. We do not know how many others Megatron has used the cylinder on. She is the only one who can wield it." Diesel looked down, thinking over his words. "Fine, but she stays with me. I am her guardian and so far, I have been doing a crappy job of it." Optimus nodded at his words, knowing how much the girl means to Diesel. With that the leader left the room. Diesel got ready to step out but was stopped. "Diesel why is she the only one who can wield the cylinder?" Sunstreaker's voice went soft. Diesel let out a sigh before turning back to the twins to explain. "She isn't a normal human." "What do you mean she isn't a normal human?" Spat Sunstreaker. "If you wouldn't interrupt me, I will tell you." Growled Diesel, making Sunstreaker sink down.

"Like I started with, she isn't a normal human. She's isn't technically human at all. She comes from an ancient species that has been said to be extinct. Her species was born for war. To kill and destroy. There used to be millions of her kind. Before the great war, Cybertron used her kind to keep enemy's in line. Many different planets and species used her kind. To fight their battles. They were very loyal. Once they have place, nothing can stop them. They will fight for what they are bred to think is right. Kill without mercy. As wars died out, her kind began to die out. They aren't needed if there is not war or fighting. Slowly less and less were around. Now every once in a millennium one is born. Most never make it past infants." He paused, making sure the two are following.

"But there weren't any around for our war. At least I haven't met or seen any." Sunstreaker wondered. Sideswipe nodded in agreement.

"Once they began to go extinct, we were at a time of peace. Most planets were in a time of peace. There could be more out there, but its very rare now to run into one. They vanished from Cybertron long before our war started. It's like any species that is going extinct, they don't just come back like a snap of a finger. I had only been told stories about them, until I met Nichole." He paused again, memories flooding from his memory bank. "She is special. She needs to be protected. When I became guardian of the Opposium Cylinder, that was my duty. I had to keep it safe and away from any enemies at all time. I met Nichole and my duty changed. Now she is my sole priority. I still should have made sure to protect the Cylinder, but after the battle, I had no choices. There was nothing I could do."