Chapter 37

The sounds of war rang out throughout the base. Bots and soldiers yelling orders at each other. Ratchet Trying his hardest to subdue Kup, but to no avail. Kup was able to rip out the wiring that was hooked up to him. His shot hit Sunstreaker straight in the chest, just barely missing his spark, leaving a large hole in his chest. As Ratchet quickly went to attend to him and that's when Kup sprung loose. Running out of the medical bay, shooting anything that moves. For an old bot, he could move quickly and diligently.

"Sunny!!!" Sideswipe screamed, holding his brother as energon bleeds down his chest and torso. "Sides..." Sunstreaker coughed out. "Don't talk." Ratchet ordered. "Nichole." He wheezed out. "Oh my god Nichole." Sideswipe could feel his brothers worry for their love. "Go!" Sunstreaker is able to scream, just before he passes out. Shouts for Ratchet come from out in the hallway. "Help me get him up here, quick!" Sideswipe hurries to help Ratchet. Ratchet does what he can for now, enough so he doesn't bleed out. "He will be stable for now, but I need to go help others. Go help." Sideswipe nods firmly and rushes out of the medical bay.

The stench of blood hits his airways as he runs out. Soldiers bodies litter the floor, like a tornado had gone through. Grunts and groans, clashing of metal and blast are heard from in front of him. He transforms quickly to get through and find Nichole. As he gets into the hanger, he finds a gruesome sight. Ratchet soon catches up with him and gasps. He doesn't hold it to long, before he swiftly gets to work helping the injured. Ironhide and Jazz were in the middle of battle with Kup. Sideswipe fought with himself, who to help. His spark and the feeling of his brother's spark chose for him. He must find Nichole.

"No, Diesel! I have to help!" Her voice rang through the violence. His head snapped in her direction to see Diesel trying to get ahold of her, while she is trying to help injured soldiers. "No, we need to go!" Diesel barked down at her. Just then a blast whizzed over her head. "Nichole!" Sideswipe roared, his alt speeding over. He transformed and turned to give them cover. "Nichole, go with Diesel. You need to get out of here." He ordered, keeping his eyes on Kup, who is still fighting with Ironhide and Jazz. "I am not leaving! I will not fail again." She screamed at the two worried Autobots. "This is not up for debate!" Diesel roared back at her as he tried to reach down and grab her. She swiftly dodged his servo, running to the next victim. She then began to move soldiers to a safer place, all while trying to get away from Sideswipe and Diesel. "Sunny wants you safe. Please go with Diesel." Sideswipe begged. "Sunstreaker! Where is he?" She whipped her head around to see a horrified look on Sideswipes face. Her stone grays demanding an answer.

"We need to get you to safety." Diesel blocked a shot sent their way. More Autobots were fighting against Kup now. It shouldn't take long to get him down now. "Where is Sunstreaker?!?" She screamed again. Her stare holding with Sideswipes. "Kup shot him. He's in the med bay. He will be alright." He said quietly, but just loud enough that she could hear. Before they could say anything, she took off to the other side of the hanger. To the side the Medical bay was on. She is blocked before she can get there. Kup is being dug into the ground by Bumblebee. She falls backward, landing on her ass, coughing from the dust filling the room. When the air clears, she freezes, two large yellow optics are staring into her stony gray. Its as if time froze. His optics focus in on her. She can see a tinge of red lining the outside of his irises. "You." He growls in a low rough voice.

She keeps her face emotionless, like she was out on the battlefield again. Its almost as Kup got some kind of energy surge, he stood up as if Bumblebee weighed nothing and shook him off. He didn't just let him go, he kicked Bee as hard as he could, making Bee fly to the other end of the hanger. Nichole does her best not to let out a gasp. Thinking Kup is occupied she gets up to run. Her goal set in mind, but before she can get to it, she is grabbed. Her breath shortens, the airways being crushed from the tight squeeze she is getting from the tainted Autobot. He brings her up to his face, looking over her, as if waiting for her to break. "NICHOLE!" Sideswipe and Diesel scream, aiming their weapons at Kup. Everyone stops. Sparks fly, and dust settles around them. No one makes a move; all eyes are on the girl in Kup's hand. The two stop a few steps away when Kup raises his other servo. Holding a blaster to Nichole's head. "No" Sideswipes servo reaches out to her, his optics wide, waiting for Kup's next move.