Chapter 24

It was early in the morning when Sunstreaker showed back up. The room was dark, sun hasn't even rose up into the sky yet. The first thing that caught his eye, was the sleeping femme laying still on his twin's chest. Part of him wanted to be happy that they were together and must have had a good day together for her to being on his chest, but the other half wanted to snatch her away and scream at his brother for holding her. He decided to clean himself up first, before going into recharge for a little while. His trip had gotten him covered in dirt and grime. He also smelled and if his brother were to get a whiff, he would know exactly where he was. After a long shower he sat down on his berth, looking at the sleeping forms. The smaller one soon began to stir. She was feeling eyes on her, her sixth sense kicking in. Her eyes fluttered open and adjust to the lack of light. It didn't hide the bright energon blue glow of the optics staring down at her.

"Sunstreaker?" She wondered if it was real or a trick of the light. "Hi Nichole." His husky voice said as silently as he could. She didn't want to seem too excited but ended up doing it anyway. She quickly jumped up and off Sideswipe, running across the nightstand over to him. He felt a smile creep on his face as he watches her run to him. She slowed to a walk as soon as she was close. She reached out her hand and placed it on his faceplate. This was something she never really did up until now. It was either she was in his servo or he was in holoform when they touched. Holding hands was as far as it ever got. Every now and then he would kiss her hand, but it never went any further. "How was your trip?" She wondered caressing his cheek. "It was good." "I see you made it back in one piece." He let out a quiet chuckle. "Yeah I did. I had too. I wouldn't look good if I was missing pieces." Now it was her turn to chuckle. "You should probably rest. We can talk later." She suggested. With a nod, he closed his optics. Then they snapped open as he felt a pair of lips pressing onto his cheek, surprising him. She turned away before he could say anything and laid down beside him, her back to him.

Though the kiss was only on the cheek, it meant the world to him. It was a step closer together and he couldn't be happier. Though, the days events still wrapped in his mind spread a fountain of guilt over him. He is in far to deep now and can't back out. As much as he wants too, he knows he can't. More people would die if he did and he can't let anyone else get hurt. He already knows what the outcome will be and it won't be good. There is nothing he can do anymore. Sunstreaker keeps his gaze on the Marine laying next to him. Far to wound up now to fall into recharge. He tried hard to push what has happened out of his mind, but so far, he is unsuccessful. "I hope you forgive me one day." He whispers, barely audible. Not only was it for Nichole, but for Sideswipe as well. He hopes they will both be able too.

The next morning Sideswipe woke up with a start. He fumbled around his berth, searching for something. This caused him to fall off the bed and wake the other two in the room with a start. "Sides? You okay?" Sunstreaker asked with his optics still closed. Nichole was now sitting up, rubbing her eyes before she looked over at the prime red twin. "Nichole? Where is...Oh" He looked up from the floor and noticed her waving at him from Sunstreaker's berth. Trying not to show the disappointment in his tone. The laugh Nichole let ring out put a smile on both of their faces. "Sorry Sideswipe." Another apology, Sideswipe wasn't sure if he was still sleeping or not. Sunstreaker sat up while Sideswipe sat down on his berth.

"So where did you go?" Sideswipe jumped the gun, getting straight to the point. "I told you. Its none of your business." Sunstreaker barked, not even glancing at his brother. Sideswipe let out a growl, he stood, ready to retaliate. "Knock it off. We don't need to fight so damn early in the fuckin morning." Nichole shouted. Her voice ricocheting off the walls of the twins berthroom. "Fine." Grumbled Sideswipe as he got up to leave the room. He stormed out of the room, not looking back. "I'm not going to push you to tell us, but I do think we have a right to know. Though, I know I have yet to tell you everything, so I understand. Just please tell us when your ready." Nichole stated to Sunstreaker, whose gaze was still focused on where his brother was just standing. Guilt growing inside yet again. "I will." He promised. It may not be today or tomorrow, but he would tell them eventually.