Chapter 19

The next few days was spent with Sunstreaker trying to keep Nichole as close as possible. Much to Diesel's dismay. Nichole was defiantly not ready for the clinginess of Sunstreaker and after the second day, she began hiding from him. For the first time in her life she felt bad. She didn't want to say anything in fear of hurting his feelings. Sideswipe explained how possessive he can get, to her when he found her hiding in the one of the supply closets. He only found her because Sunstreaker was looking for her and he said he would help. Sideswipe stayed in that closet with her for over an hour trying to explain it to her. It was difficult for her to understand. She only dealt with one kind of possessiveness and that wasn't a good kind and she was glad to be away from it. This knew kind was almost traumatizing for her. "I'll talk to him for you. I know you're not gonna tell me why your scared of it and I'm not gonna ask, but please talk to Sunny about it. Otherwise it will only get worse." Sides told her, she nodded in understanding and the two finally left the closet.

Not a second later, just as the door closed behind them, Sunstreaker was there. "Where were you too?" He asked in an accusing tone and eyebrow raised looking down at Nichole. "Oh, don't act like that. I found her hiding in there." Sideswipe said angerly, glaring at his brother and walking away. They both watch the red twin walk away in a huff. Then gave themselves a confusing glance. "What did you say to him?" Sunstreaker accused. "Excuse me? What did I say? I didn't fucking say anything." She snapped back at him. He looked taken back by her anger. Anger flared through his spark for a moment before calming himself down. He bent down and before she could retaliate he picked her up. "Woah woah" She yelled falling back on against his palm. "Put me down, Sunstreaker." She yelled up to him. He just shook his head and continued to walk.

She huffed in anger and crossed her arms. "Where are you taking me?" She continued to bug as he walked. "Well if you wouldn't have been running from me. you would know that you have your surgery tomorrow. And I want to spend time with you before your out of it for a week." She gave a silent groan at his answer. She understood but didn't want to be smothered. He walked into the hanger and set her down, so he could transform. She watched as his body configured into his gorgeous Lamborghini mode. He opened the passenger side door for her a she didn't hesitate to hop in. He online his holoform and grabbed her hand. Holding onto it tightly, as if afraid she might let go. "You know I'm going to want to hang out with Diesel too." She said slyly. He looked over at her and smirked. She looked at him in confusion. "What?" "I already talked to Diesel. He's going to be there for your surgery. I will be for the beginning, but I have patrol unfortunately half way through. And Diesel knows I want to spend time with you. He had eight years of dealing with you. Its my turn." He brought her hand up to his lips and gave it a light kiss.

She gave a low growl, unsure if she likes the feeling it gave her. Touch was still new to her and she is trying to be okay with it, for Sunstreakers sake. There was no getting out of this now. Not that she already admitted to him that she felt something, even though she still had no idea what it was. Since Diesel, for the first time she felt safe. She still didn't put all her trust in Sunstreaker, but he now knows something about her, only few knew. He had yet to go and tell everyone, so hopefully it would stay that way. "What are you thinking about?" He asked curiously, eyes focused on her. She had realized that she was staring hard out the window. Thinking hard about the past few days. "Just how new this all is. I'm still adjusting to it all. I'm not sure if I like it or now, but I know I want to like it." She said giving him a small smile. He gave a small chuckle, kissing her hand again. "I'm new to it as well. We will get through it together. If you'll let me." "I'll try. I'm pretty independent. Now where are we going?" All he did was chuckle to her and kept driving.

They were well out of base now and she still had no idea where he was taking her. The further she got from Diesel the more nervous she got. Sunstreaker would never know what's going on in her mind, her face told nothing. She had to keep her hand from squeezing his hand as he held it, for it would give it way how upset she was getting and she wasn't about to be questioned. Her eyes stared out the window, watching the scenery fly by. The city flew by before she knew it and they were in the country side. Still confused. After some time, Sunstreaker pulled into a driveway, down a long driveway. There was a house in the distance as well as a barn, but before they even got to it, he turned down another dirt road that led off the driveway. It didn't take much longer until he pulled to a stop. In front of them was a wide-open area. Targets were set up a few yards away. "What is this?" Nichole looked from the range set up to Sunstreaker.

"This is what I think humans call a 'date'." He smiled and got out of the car, quickly running to the other side to open the door for Nichole. She let a grin slip after he stepped out. He held his hand out for her, which she grabbed and pulled her out. He walked her to a table that had a few boxes placed on it. "I convinced Lennox to let me take you shooting in a more controlled environment and away from people. I didn't know which weapon you would rather shoot. So, Lennox gave me a few options." She stayed silent as he opened the boxes for her to see. Four beautiful pistols lay out in front of her. A smile creeped up on her face, her skin began to glow, and her eyes sparkled at the sight. He watched her lightly run her fingers over each weapon as she tried to decide which one to shoot first. The one she grabbed first was a Glock Gen4 G19 9mm. It fit nicely into the palm of her hand as she gripped the pistol grip. "Let's start with this one." She smirked.

It had been about two hours by time the couple got finished shooting. It was the most fun either had have in a long time. Neither had ever laughed that much. Nichole sat on the grass cleaning one of the pistols, Sunstreaker right next to her, cleaning another one. "I don't think I've ever laughed this much." She admitted. She didn't have to look at him to know Sunstreaker was looking at her. "When was the last time?" He wondered. "Honestly I don't know. Probably before PFC Haynes and Lance Corporal Jordan died." Her tone saddened, making Sunstreaker frown. "Who are they?" "They were the two that found out who Diesel was with me. They helped keep his secret with me. Right up until they died a few years ago. They were on a separate mission and didn't make it back." Sunstreaker expected her to start to cry, but no tears came from her eyes. Her tone showed sadness, but her eyes showed anger. "We weren't able to save them." He wasn't sure if he would try and comfort her or just let her be. So, he chose a different route. "What did you three laugh about?" "I'm not sure I can remember." "Well try, I want to know." "Why?" "I want to get to know you. I want to hear stories from your past." Her eyes snapped to his. All he could do was smile at her.

"You don't want to know my past. It isn't something that should be talked about." Her eyes turned dark and cold and she went back to focusing on the weapon. "How am I supposed to get to know you and how you are you, if I don't know anything about you." He pushed his words into her. He had set the weapon back down and stayed focused on her. She sighed before answering. "Look I don't want to argue after we just had a great time. I can finally say I did something fun and exciting. I don't want to run the moment." "I'm apologize. I don't want to make you angry." He whispered looked away. "Maybe one day I will be able to tell you, but right now...I want to keep it in the past. Where it belongs." If he would of looked over at her right away, he would of saw the tear she let escape, but she had it wiped away before he could.

It wasn't long before they were done and on there way back to base. The ride back was a comfortable silence. This time Nichole held his hand happily. No more nerves were rushing though her body, not knowing the unknown. They pulled into the hanger and hopped out, Sunstreaker going back to his bipedal mode. Diesel was hanging in back, talking to some soldiers. He noticed the two and shot a look at Nichole. She shot him back a beaming smile, making him smile as well. Sunstreaker loved the smile she held on her face and it made him even happier that he was the one to put it there. He couldn't believe this girl held his spark. A ruthless killer turned sappy and lovestruck. At least that's what he's hoping. She was defiantly turning the tables. Other emotions were beginning to seep out the sides. Though, most only Sunstreaker and Diesel could see.

The rest of the day, the two spent relaxing. Nichole doesn't like to relax but being with Sunstreaker seemed to help her. She felt so much calmer than she had ever been. They end up in Sunstreaker's berth, her laying right over his spark. She loved the way the hum of his spark melted her insides. How warm it felt against her cold skin. After today, they won't be able to do this for a few weeks. Ratchet will order bed rest in her own bed and to not be disturbed. Sunstreaker had no idea how he was going to be able to handle that. Being away from her was the last thing he wants to do.