Chapter 54

^^Shout out to fireprooftrash for showing me this song! It just screams Niall and Jess' current situation.

***

"Why, oh why did I drink that much?" I whine to McKenna as I'm given a five minute break from greeting people who have bought my book. "My head is killing me."

"How are you still hungover?" McKenna asks as she hands me a water bottle and an aspirin bottle. "You got completely wasted two nights ago."

"Maybe it's a mixture of the drinking and the jetlag." I down two pills and chug the water. I'm never drinking with Louis and Rae again. "I haven't drank like that in years."

"At least the turnout for today has been amazing." Mckenna's overly optimistic side comes out.

"It is pretty cool that all these people came here just to meet me." There are hundreds of women and men here. "This is mind boggling."

"Your book is amazing. Of course there are tons of people here." McKenna smiles at me. "Are you ready to go meet more people?"

"Bring it on." I finish the rest of my water and walk back out to my little table.

I sit down and start meeting more people. I sign copies of their books and chit chat with them.

"Your book is amazing. It helped me get through a really hard break up." A girl in her mid-twenties says.

"Hey, me too!" I chuckle at my joke. "Who do you want me to make this note out to?"

"Madeline," the girl smiles widely.

I write a quick note on the inside of the front cover. I look up at her and hand her the book back.

"It was great to meet you." I smile at the blonde girl. She walks off and I look down at my watch as the next person in line walks up to my table.

"Ello Jess." The next person says making my heart stop.

I look up and I'm met with those blue eyes that have haunted me every day. While his Irish accent rings through my ears I am brought back to that frightful day.

Flashback

"What do you mean you aren't coming back, Niall? I saw your plane ticket." I try to fight back my tears.

"This is my dream. I can't walk away from it just because I have a plane ticket," Niall laughs.

"What about us? Nothing is figured out. Do you still want to be together?" I can't believe we are having this conversation over the phone.

"Me moving to London has nothing to do with you. Please believe me when I tell you that, but I think it would be best for us to go our separate ways. We are so different and adding three thousand, nine hundred and twenty two miles between us isn't going to help." Niall's voice is quiet almost somberly.

"Why didn't you say anything when I was in Ireland? You knew you were going to go to England, but you kept it from me." I have tears falling down my face at this point.

"I just couldn't do it. I didn't want to see you cry, but I wish more than anything to be where you are right now to comfort you." His words are sweet, but I can tell they are empty. He is ready to be done with me.

"Its fine. Good luck in all you do. I am excited to see you play soccer professionally." I try to hang up the phone before giving Niall a chance to say something, but he is too quick.

"Jess, I really am sorry." I don't say anything so Niall sighs deeply. "Goodbye Jess."

End of Flashback