Chapter 18

When I open my eyes I smile as the memories from last night play through my mind. Last night really was perfect. I had no idea that Niall could pull something like that off. It was intimate without us being physical. Niall keeps sending me all these mixed signals. I don't know if we are just friends. Niall said I wasn't his type, but last it sure seemed like I was.

I roll over and grab my phone. I have a couple of messages from Liam, but I ignore those. I send a quick text to Brett, Louis, and Niall telling them good luck and I can't wait to watch their game. Once that is sent I get out of bed and make my way downstairs. Since I was home by ten-thirty last night I went to bed early and now I'm awake early. The game isn't until one p.m so I don't know what to do for the next five hours.

I walk into the kitchen and walk over to one of the many cupboards. I grab a mug and walk over to the coffee pot. Once I fill my mug I go and sit at the kitchen bar. I sip on my coffee and look out the window. Nothing is really going on since it is only eight a.m on a Saturday morning. I love how quiet and peaceful it is.

"Are you ever going to tell me how your date with Niall went?" Right on time Rae comes walking into the kitchen. "You were already alseep when I got home."

"It was good." I smile, but hide it by bringing my mug to my face.

"Why did it end so early?" Rae gives me a skeptical look.

"Because Niall has a game today and doesn't need to be tired for it." I tell Rae like it is the most obvious thing in the world.

"I need some kind of detail. I'm dying here!" Rae comes and sits down next to me. She grabs my coffee and takes a sip.

"We went out to a field and watched a movie on his laptop and ate dinner, oh and it was in the bed of a pickup truck." I smile again at the thought of the date.

"That's so cute! Did you like it? Do you want to go on another date?" Rae has a huge smile on her face.

"It was a lot of fun, but I don't know if I could do it again. Well with Niall at least I couldn't. Things are getting weird and complicated. One second he is telling me I'm not his type and then another second he is flirting and leaving his hand on my thigh," I sigh. "Who am I kidding? Niall and I are too different. There will never be anything between us."

"Meh, you never know Jess." Rae winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"What should we do until its time to get ready for the game?" I quickly change the subject. I don't need to get my hopes up over Niall.

"Homework," Rae suggests. "That way we can celebrate after the game and nurse our hangovers tomorrow with no worries."

Definitely not the most fun thing I had in mind, but Rae has a good point. We head back upstairs and get to work. No matter how hard I try though I can't focus. My thoughts keep being invaded by a blue-eyed man. After forty minutes of trying to write a paper on one of the million books I have read I give up. I move on to a different assignment, which is choosing a literature classic to read. I have chosen Pride and Prejudice. I have never read it before so I figured why not? I grab the book from my backpack and start to read. Not even five minutes later my phone is buzzing. I look down at it and my heart starts to pound. Niall sent me a text with an attachment.

'Thanks love. I definitely needed your text to calm my nerves. Also look who got a car this morning.'