Chapter 20

Why? Why did I agree to this? Nothing good can come from me being the activity chair. How am I suppose to plan a date dash? Especially when I have never been to one and I have only been on one date. Also, why did I wait until the week of the party to plan it? That's easy, I forgot about it until now.

I was peacefully laying on my bed reading when Harry and Rae came barging into the room. Harry asked me if everything was ready and now here we are. I am starting to stress out so I bring my hands up to my head. I start to rub my temples and take a deep breath.

"Its okay Jess. I will help you." Rae smiles at me.

I look behind her to see Harry shaking his head and mouthing the word "no." Rae means well, but when it comes to parties she can't plan them. What she thinks is fun is usually different from everyone else.

"Thanks Rae, but I think I will pass." I try to let her down easy.

"I can help. I mean I am the rush chairman. I had to plan a ton of events recently." Harry is a great man. "We need to come up with a theme first and then we can plan everything else."

"Toga party?" I think that would be simple and easy.

"How about a masquerade theme," Harry suggests.

"We will do something like that in October. It needs to be fun and easygoing. Not everyone is where you and Rae are at." What can we do?

"What about a crush party? We will invite our crashes and just play games and get to know our dates better." Rae pipes up. "I know it isn't really a party, but what do you think? We have only been in school a month. Everyone has a crush by now."

"That could work, but we need to make the games fun." This could turn into something good.

"What if each room has a certain game and you can't move on to the next room until you and your date win the game." Harry starts to think out loud.

"We could make the backyard the finish line. There will be food, drinks, and music." This will actually be fun.

"I like that idea," Rae cheers.

"Good idea Jess," Harry smiles.

"It was your idea Harry. I just ran with it." I jump off the bed and say, "I'm going to go run this idea past the others."

"Excuse me, but it was my idea originally." Rae gives Harry and I a look of disbelief.

"You are right babe. Good idea." Harry leans in and gives Rae a kiss.

Well on that note, I guess I should leave them to their coupley things. I walk downstairs and start my search for Lacey. I check the kitchen and the living room first. When she isn't there I check the study. I start to wonder if she is in her room or not even here when I can't find her in the study. I will check the front yard and backyard and if she isn't there I'm giving up for now. As I walk outside I find Lacey and Louis sitting on the porch swing. Why is everyone pairing off so quickly?

"I hate to interrupt, but I just wanted to tell you the theme of the date dash." I smile as Louis gives me a death glare. I totally interrupted something.

"Go for it," Lacey smiles. She is completely oblivious to Louis' glare.

"A crush party. Each room will have a certain game and when you and your date win the game you move onto the next game. The backyard will be the finish line and there we will have drinks, food, music, and whatever else we want." I shrug out of nervousness. If she doesn't like it then I'm screwed.

"That sounds like a lot of fun! When will the invites be ready?" Lacey stares up at me.

"Um, invites?" Lacey nods her head at me. "I guess by tomorrow morning."