Chapter 35

^^This song is basically Jess' theme song haha. It also inspired some of this chapter!

***

"We did it, bitches!" I yell as I hold up a beer.

"We did what Jess?" Rae looks over at me with tired eyes.

"We made it through the week. We have midterms on Monday and Tuesday and then we get a break! Let's celebrate!" I take a big gulp of my beer.

"We still have to get through midterms." Lacey looks at me incredulously.

"You guys are so boring! Its Friday night and we had a hard week and we have another hard few days ahead of us." I need to get my mind off of school and I need to forget about what happened with Zayn.

"Rae, she does have a point. I do need to blow off some steam." I smile as Lacey says this.

"Girls night out?" Rae starts to perk up at this idea.

"Exactly what I was thinking." My smile grows.

We haven't had a girls night out in so long and when we do have them I usually leave with some guy. That won't be happening tonight so I bet Rae will be happy with that. Niall, Harry, and Louis are with their frat brothers at a hockey game. My phone vibrates and all three of us look at it.

"You better not be canceling on us." Lacey jokingly glares at me.

I unlock my phone to find a text from Zayn. I read the message and take a deep breath. He wants to meet up. I start to type out a reply saying that I'm busy. Before I send the message I just decide to not respond to him at all. I lock my phone and look up at Rae and Lacey.

"Who was that?" Rae gives me a skeptical look.

Before I can respond I get another text. I open my phone again and see that I got another text from Zayn.

I saw that you read my text and that you were responding and stopped. Come on Jess. We are friends who have done a lot worse than kiss. Don't ignore me.

I hate texting now. I hate that people can see when you read a message and when you are replying. I want texting to go back to how it used to be. When all we knew was if it was delivered or not.

Zayn, I have plans tonight.

After I send that text I lock my phone and look up to find Rae and Lacey still staring at me.

"By the look on your face I am going to say that those messages weren't from Niall," Lacey cautiously states.

"No. They were from Zayn." I say with a monotone voice.

"How is that guy? I haven't seen him since Niall's birthday." Lacey asks and seems genuinely interested.

"I think he is good. We haven't seen much of each other." I shrug my shoulders like it isn't a big deal.

"How did he seem on Tuesday?" Rae gives me a questioning look.

"He seemed fine." That's a lie. I definitely upset him. "Now, are we going to sit around and talk about Zayn or are we going to go party?"

Rae and Lacey both smile and get off the couch. We leave the living room and head upstairs to get ready for the night. We will probably go to the bar that most of the students go to, Uncle Freddie's. Tonight is going to be lots of fun even if I miss Niall the whole time.

***
Niall P.O.V

There are four minutes left in the final quarter before the game ends and I am completely bored. Harry and Liam are going nuts. Brett and Louis are enjoying it, but not as much as the others. We would rather be watching football. Hockey is fun to watch when there are fights, but there have only been a couple.